African Development Bank Group (AfDB) - Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries).
The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 - 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Transaction Support Officer (PINS1)
: Côte d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50070326
The Hiring Department/Division
- The Vice Presidency for Private Sector, Infrastructure and Industrialization is central to the Bank’s mission of developing the private sector, improving infrastructure and accelerating industrialization.
- The complex main functions are to (i) strengthen the enabling environment for private sector [and financial sector] development conducive to inclusive growth and sustainable development, (ii) support the development of reliable and sustainable infrastructure, including cities and urban development, and (iii) place renewed emphasis on industrial and trade performance in support of structural transformation across Africa.
- The Complex leverages knowledge, co-financing, and partnerships to attract private capital and work with governments on delivering the Bank’s development agenda.
- The role of the Bank’s NSO and Private Sector Support Department (PINS) is to promote private sector in Regional Members Countries (RMCs), ensuring that it plays a central role in laying the foundations in the development role of the Bank, in line with the Bank’s 10 Year Strategy and HI 5 initiatives.
- As part of the Private Sector Support Department, the Strategy and Transaction Support Division is responsible for preparing strategies, policies, guidelines, and analytical tools relevant to the private sector development; it also ensures global client management and undertakes specialized assignments for the Regions, providing ad hoc advice on transaction bankability, structuring, Project Modelling and designs and implements technical assistance for Private Sector operations;
- The Chief Transaction Support Officer is responsible for leading the Investment Analytics, Modeling, Structuring and Advisory Team (IAMT) and for structuring Non-Sovereign Operations towards credit enhancement and financial sustainability of the transaction.
He/She is also responsible for:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Advising origination teams on best economic and financial model to adopt in order to optimize use of available financial instruments and legal structures in NSO transactions;
- Developing structuring approaches in response to the Bank’s specific commercial and legal requirements, including market requirements of co-financiers where the Bank is acting as Mandated Lead Arranger;
Under the supervision of the Division Manager, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Modeling and Structuring Team,
- Lead and draft Integrated Models optimizing the use of available financial instruments for non-sovereign transactions
- Lead and draft structuring opinions, present proposed solutions for investments under consideration, clarify the pros and cons of diverse structuring options;
- coordinate through written opinions the drafting and review of finance and project documentation
- Review of legal and financial terms of potential investments and transaction with a view of achieving the future secondary sale of assumed exposures to commercial investors, financiers and insurers;
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
Application Closing Date
- A minimum of a Master's degree or its university equivalent in Finance or Economics.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of relevant professional experience in the Bank or a similar institution and/or in strategic consultancy, business development, modeling and in structuring.
- Disciplined approach whilst maintaining creativity and lateral thinking for effective problem solving;
- Sense of initiative and innovation in proposing solutions to client needs.
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues in a multi-cultural environment and to build effective working relations with colleagues.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- First-hand knowledge of financial instruments and techniques.
- Strong experience with Credit enhancement instruments.
- Sound knowledge of tailored products (such as guarantees) for sector based investments.
- Experience with aggregation and pooling structures for investors.
- Ability to respond swiftly to new situations and to anticipate new issues.
- Proven ability to acquire new skills (particularly in legal, investment, risk capital, technology and innovative sectors).
- Proven ability to integrate socio, environmental and economic indicators in the model.
- Capacity to adapt to the rapidly evolving needs of the Bank’s NSOs ecosystem.
- Solid negotiation skills, diplomacy and credibility to deal with clients at all levels.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other.
- Competence in the use of Bank standard software (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
10th May, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
: This position is classified international status and attracts international terms and conditions of employment.