Jesuit Memorial College (JMC) is Catholic boarding secondary school in Port Harcourt, Nigeria for boys and girls. Open to all, Christians and non-Christians, it is owned and run by the Society of Jesus (Jesuits). It was opened in 2013 in memory of 60 students of Loyola Jesuit College, Abuja, Nigeria who died in Sosoliso plane crash of 10 December 2005. JMC provides a well-rounded education in terms of conscience, competence, commitment and compassion.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Social Studies Teacher
Job Type: Full Time
- The Social Studies Teacher will plan, prepare and deliver instruction in Social Studies to students in JS 1-3 and Geography to students in SS 1-3 in accordance with the Nigerian National Policy on Education and regulations of Jesuit Memorial College.
- The teacher will cover effectively and efficiently every item in the scheme of work in use in the school while also teaching the students all they need to know in everyday life in relation to Social Studies and Geography.
- Over and above all, every teacher in Jesuit memorial College is a role model to the students.
- B.Ed in Social Studies or its equivalent is required. Any higher degree or qualification, especially in the fields of Social Studies and Geography, is an advantage.
- At least 2 years teaching experience in a similar role.
- Any other experience relating to Social Studies and Geography is an advantage.
Application Closing Date
- Effective communication and presentation skills, good command of English, good understanding of adolescent psychology, good interpersonal skills, a team player, ability to work effectively with minimum supervision, proficiency in use of Office Suites like Microsoft Word and Power Point.
19th April, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications, Curriculum Vitae and letters of attestation from there referees (in Microsoft Word formats) and scanned credentials to the "Human Resources Manager" via: [email protected]
and copied to the "Principal" via: [email protected]
Hard copies of the above mentioned documents may be submitted at the school gate:
Jesuit Memorial College,
Elipokwoudu Road, Mbodo, Aluu,