Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Complaints Response Mechanism Assistant
Start date: as soon as possible
Direct Line Manager: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Tasks and Responsibilities
Objective 1 - Support the establishment and management of the Complaint Response Mechanism for all ACF projects:
- Support the Accountability Officer in setting up the different Complaints Response Mechanism in relevant project locations
- Respond to enquiries from program beneficiaries
- Refer program specific complaints to CRM focal points
- Ensure confidentiality of complaint data is respected
- Ensure regular maintenance of complaints and feedback database/information system, and ensure information is shared on a regular basis
- Support the M&E and Program teams in activity implementation, to ensure beneficiary access to CRM channels (feedback days, complaints booths, field visits...)
- Address the queries of callers using setup hotline while respecting ethical and professional behaviour in accordance with the ACF standard operating procedures and HAP guidelines
- Provide accurate information related to the subject callers matter and other related ongoing activities when possible
- Refer sensitive complaints to relevant personnel within ACF senior management team
- Lodge all feedback, complaints and response in the CRM database
- Support to ensure complaints are closed within the appropriate timeframe
- Ensure CRM database is forwarded to the CRM officer on a monthly basis and important complaints on the toll-free line reported immediately
- Ensure accurate recording of all the data related to the callers in the hotline data base and understand Action Against Hunger programs/projects
Objective 3 - Reporting and Referrals:
Internal & External Relationship
- Submit internal, and accurate reports to the concerned programs/projects. The reports will be submitted weekly, or daily according to the urgency of the call; include monthly recommendations, if needed, to projects/programs and program managers as received.
- Accurately refer cases internally within the departments of the ACF - with the support of the Accountability officer - following the standard operating procedures set for the referral system within the base
- Follow-up and receive weekly feedback, and case status progress related to the internal cases referred to the programs/projects. Ensure all documents and actions taken are documented, and feedback is given back to the caller.
- Accountability officer: Technical hierarchical relationship - exchange of information, collaboration, coordination
- Project Manager: Operational hierarchical relationship– exchange of information, reporting, collaboration, coordination
- Project Officers: Ensure exchange of information, collaboration and coordination.
- M&E Field Assistants: Manage M&E Field Assistants to ensure exchange of information, collaboration and coordination.
- Other Action Against Hunger M&E staff: exchange of information, collaboration and coordination.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Management, Social Research, Development Studies or a related field
- At least with 1-year relevant experience in developing and maintaining accountability and learning activities.
- Strong understanding of HAP, Do No Harm and other relevant global standards
- Experience of carrying out design and implementation of accountability and complaints reporting mechanisms in Nigeria.
- Experience of developing and/or managing complaints reporting mechanisms for cash transfer Programme
- Demonstrated knowledge of accountability especially feedback mechanisms concepts and international humanitarian quality standards
- Ethical, focused on treating complainants/ community fairly and culturally sensitive
- Excellent computer skills especially developing databases
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in local languages (Hausa, Kanuri, Fulani…)
- Sound analytical and conceptual skills
- Excellent communication skills and experience in report writing
- Commitment to ACF mission, values and Policy
Application Closing Date
- Previous experience in handling feedback mechanism
- Previous experience of working with NGOs
- Proven interest & commitment to humanitarian and development principles and demonstrable understanding of conflict/post conflict development contexts.
22nd April, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.