Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) - At its coming into being in 1891, Nigeria Customs Service was saddled with the responsibilities of revenue collection, accounting for same and anti-smuggling activities. Today trade facilitation has become a fundamental role, progressively seen by government as an important element of economic policy, with Customs having a unique position within the hub of the international supply chain of goods and services.
We invite applications from qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Customs Assistant (General Duty) - CONSOL 04
- Applicants must possess SSCE/NECO or GCE with credits in not less than 3 subjects including English and Mathematics obtained at one sitting and passes in at least two other subjects OR GCE Ordinary level with passes in four subjects including English and Mathematics obtained at one sitting or five or more subjects including English and Mathematics obtained at not more than two sittings.
Application Closing Date
- Be a Nigerian Citizen by birth or descent
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18- 25years
- Not be less than 1.7 metres in height, for male and 1.64 metres for female.
- Have a fully expanded chest measurement of not less than 0.87 metres, male.
- Be certified by a Government Medical Officer to be physically and mentally fit for appointment in Service
- Not be suffering from any form of physical or mental disability
- Be free from any form of financial embarrassment
- Be of good character and must not have found guilty of any criminal offense
- Present a certificate of state of origin signed by the Chairman/Secretary of their Local Governments. Certificates endorsed by Liaison officers are unacceptable.
8th May, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Follow these steps carefully to ensure a successful application:
- Click Here to Start Application
- Select your preferred Cadre: "Superintendent Cadre"
- The Assistant Cadre are:
- Junior ranking officers comprising of Customs Assistant.
- Applicants who possess SSCE/NECO or GCE with credits in not less than 3 subjects including English and Mathematics obtained at one sitting and passes in at least two other subjects. OR GCE Ordinary level with passes in four subjects including English and Mathematics obtained at one sitting or five or more subjects including English and Mathematics obtained at not more than two sittings for Customs Assistant Grade II - CONSOL 04.
- Read and understand Job function requirements to ensure that you are qualified and then proceed by clicking "APPLY FOR THIS JOB"
- Complete the registration form by selecting your job function and basic information
- Click and read through the Terms and Conditions on the link provided and check the box beside the link to confirm that you have read and understood the terms. Then confirm you are not a robot and click the APPLY button.