An indigenous Specialist Energy Servicing company that provides integrated services in the oil and gas industry is recruiting for the position below:
Job Title: Chemical Trader
Reports to: General Manager
Qualifications & Experience
- Manage chemical contract portfolios
- Analyze international chemical markets through various reports
- Running daily processes to enable straight through trade processing
- Preparing for new trade types and markets across processes to support front office growth
- Develop systems to automate or streamline legacy processes to improve efficiency and ensure resource optimization.
- Develop long, medium and short-term corporate strategies and action plans
- Producing monthly P&L reporting for senior management
- Managing key project initiatives including communication, project planning, business requirements, system integration and work flow.
- Lead, review and approve trading and marketing decisions based on market facts
- Working with traders, analysts and management to deliver new processes and facilitate execution
- Schedule monthly commodity deliveries with associated purchasers
- Generate and evaluate requests for proposals
- Harmonize sales issues through the value chain, including revenue reporting, accounting, and operations
- Manage client/customer relationships and develope new business opportunities
- A good University Degree in any relevant discipline
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in a similar position with emphasis on thorough understanding of movement and pricing of crude oil, natural gas, and petroleum products.
- Applicants without the required cognate experience will not be shortlisted for interview.
Application Closing Date
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- High level of integrity with strong work ethic with a positive “can-do” attitude
- Strategic thinker that can prepare market analysis and execute supply/sales plan
- Result driven self-starter with excellent time management
- Deep understanding of chemical commodities markets and related processes
- Knowledge of commodities exchanges, clearing standards and market conventions
- Knowledge of International regulations and procedures is advantageous
- Proven teaming and collaboration; prior supervisory experience preferred
- Ability to work with multi-discipline teams
- Strong communication, negotiation and teamwork skills
30th April, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in Ms Word format to: [email protected]
and copy [email protected]