An indigenous Specialist Energy Servicing company that provides integrated services in the oil and gas industry is recruiting for the position below:
Job Title: Engineering Manager
- The primary responsibility for the Engineering Manager includes the development, execution, supervision, and coordination of all technical aspects of on-going projects and projects under development.
- The EM will be responsible for performance monitoring processes (PMS) to ensure targets are met with respect to quality, cost and schedule on all projects.
- The EM will supervise and work closely with various engineering discipline Leads and be responsible for the overall technical delivery of projects and services to the satisfaction of our various clients.
- The EM will manage the overall productivity of engineering staff by assigning the right individuals to tasks. In all cases, the EM will keep in mind the zero-tolerance safety culture of IESL and encourage safety in design mandate for all proposed technical solutions.
- The EM will, from time to time, represent IESL at technical meetings such as design review workshops, presentation of company capabilities to prospective clients, conferences, etc.
- Plan and manage engineering and design systems implementation, technical specifications, standard drawings standard setup of models etc., and data management systems
- Manage value improvement processes
- The Engineering Manager also ensures that the Customer criteria and scope of work are being met by all engineering disciplines
- Ensures the correct input data has been used
- Ensures appropriate design methods are used
- Ensures appropriate design checks are undertaken
- Develops solutions to engineering problems which meet or exceed customer requirements
- Managing engineering activities to ensure:
- Compliance with the Scope of Work
- Quality objectives of the project are met
- Consistency of technical output
- Meet or exceed engineering standards with regard to quality, cost, safety and performance
- Ensure that the product is safe to use and operate can be safely constructed, maintained, decommissioned and abandoned
- Ensure the deliverable is constructible, operable and maintainable and can be safely demolished
- Ensure “holds” and areas of uncertainty are highlighted
- Ensure correct materials are specified
- Establish processes that:
- Ensure that supervisors and personnel understand the engineering processes that deliver technical integrity, safety and environmental outcomes.
- Require the application of the engineering tools that are appropriate to the complexity and nature of the task
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of the engineering processes.
- Promote collaboration with other functional groups and stakeholders to support delivery of safe and sustainable engineering outcomes.
- Every activity undertaken must be in compliance with relevant codes and standards, EMS documentation and customer requirements as defined in the Basis of Design and Project Execution Plan.
Safe and Sustainable Engineering for Asset Life (SEAL):
- Provide technical interface with customer and ensure the customer is aware of the environmental effects of the deliverable and is qualitative/quantitative information, including options for improvement (e.g. efficiency, alternate process or construction method) so the customer can make informed investment decisions
- Ensure the project team is working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance system relevant to the project, and lead and coordinate all technical reviews both with stakeholders and internally within the project
- Leading the development of the schedule and budget establishment for engineering and to control, monitor and report engineering performance against budget and schedule
- Review discipline manhour estimates and consolidate into an overall engineering estimate
- Assisting the General Manager in the project initiation activities and in preparation and implementation of the Project Execution Plan
- Performing project or task management functions as delegated by the General Manager, including Customer liaison, coordination of technical meetings, and general project supervision and coordination
- Coordinating between engineering and procurement and between engineering and construction and manage third party consultants/specialists
Confidentiality and Intellectual Property:
- Ensure the integrity of all intellectual property including that owned by IESL and that used by IESL under agreed terms with the owner/provider of the information
- Be aware of, and maintain, any confidentiality requirements on the project. In some cases, the whole project may be “confidential”, in other cases it may just be certain documents or certain “areas” which are confidential.
Education - Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
- Bachelor of Engineering or equivalent.
- Professional / Chartered Engineer (or equivalent).
- MBA and Project Management Certification will be a plus.
Knowledge / Experience / Skills Required
- Integrity & trust, Action orientation, Drive for Results, Zero Harm, Technical & Functional Skill, Customer Focus, Dealing with change,
- Building Business Relation, Presentation Skills, Time Management, Problem Solving, Timely Decision Making, Organising.
Job Specific Knowledge:
- Good understanding of multi-discipline engineering delivery and detailed knowledge of the application of applicable EMS processes
Industry Specific Experience:
- 18 years minimum experience in Onshore/ Offshore / FPSO Oil and Gas Design industry
- Safety - Responsible for personal safety, safe working practices for IESL. Understand and follow HSE procedures.
Application Closing Date
- Good knowledge of engineering software and MS Office Suite.
- People Skills:
- Able to actively initiate inter-discipline / department dialogue
- Able to transfer knowledge and mentor others
30th April, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume in MS Word format to: [email protected]
and copy [email protected]