Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) - Key Populations HIV Project
- The DCOP will act for the Chief of Party in her/his absence and will be primarily responsible for government engagement, advocacy, and violation response legal/paralegal activities. Further, the DCOP will serve as the liaison for the KP community and will spearhead KP community engagement and KP CSO capacity strengthening. S/he will also directly supervise all directors and ensure performance management at the director level.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Public Health, Health Administration, or Management Social Work, with a focus on public health, social sciences, or related field. A first degree in Medicine is preferred and a master’s degree will be an added advantage;
- A minimum of ten (10) years of professional work experience in the field of Public Health and HIV. This should be inclusive of a minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in working on community engagement, mobilization, advocacy or related activities with Nigerian key populations under a United State Government (USG) funded activity that includes program planning, implementation, data use, monitoring and reporting.
- Demonstrated ability and competency to effectively work with KP leaders and KP-led organizations, and effectively coordinate with a range of stakeholders including government, community and other civil society organizations, and the private sector;
- Demonstrated working knowledge of U.S. Government program management and in-depth knowledge of PEPFAR projects, regulations, compliance and reporting requirements.
Skills and Competencies:
Application Closing Date
- The successful candidate will be a person of integrity with excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication, organizational, and cross-cultural skills; a high level of creativity and innovation, ability to perform and prioritize a variety of tasks on short notice within designated deadlines and able to maintain efficiency in a fast-paced work environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
3rd May, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online