MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Coordinator, Payment Services (Supervisory)
- Responsible for the end-to -management of applications supporting Payment Services Bank.
- Act as Interface with various financial institutions and third parties in the assurance, delivery and daily operations of payment financial systems and services.
- Participate in the review of business processes to drive cost/process efficiencies.
- Develop and manage processes to ensure required KPIs for optimal customer experience are met.
- Influence, support and assure the design, development, maintenance of self-healing capabilities into payment service transactions in compliance with regulatory requirements whilst ensuring good customer experience.
- Own and influence the changes on payment services to ensure seamless transition of changes to a live environment without negative impact on customer experience.
- Assist in developing payment services application development and management frameworks, processes and procedures in line with the MTN standards and in alignment with MTNN’s corporate goals and objectives.
- Support in the analysis and design of payment services applications based on business, technical and system requirements and oversee the implementation payment services solutions, ensuring the minimization of manual touch points in the application.
- Monitor and maintain the performance of payment services applications within the business, ensuring constraints and new requirements are documented and updates are created accordingly.
- Participate in the selection of suitable technologies and determine appropriate technologies that are effective and efficient and in line with approved rules and procedures.
- Review applications and ensure availability of operational recovery strategies and mechanism.
- Ensure and evolve end to end processes and enhancements to institute efficiencies in the delivery of payment financial services
- Set up and manage processes to ensure end to end near real time reconciliation of services/transactions in the payment financial services
- Set up and manage processes to ensure full compliance with all regulatory requirements in payment financial services.
- Manage the operations of payment services from both a node/service performance investigation as well as an optimization perspective.
- Provide Advice on Network Capacity dimensioning and resource utilization
- Support in the supervision and management of the operations of the managed service provider for payment services
- Service performance monitoring and trending and measurement of payment services
- Manage, test and verify all new functionalities.
- Serve the Division’s internal customers and provide solutions to improve the customer experience.
- Support planned strategy for the successful delivery of MTN Group and MTNN transformation initiatives focusing on Customer centricity.
- Drive an increase in MTNN’s PSB Net Promoter Score.
- Provide technical support and assistance to multiple Application teams, troubleshooting, analyzing causes, tuning performance and conducting user acceptance tests on payment services applications.
- Interface between IS Infrastructure Team and IS Applications Support Teams to ensure optimal capacity planning.
- Prepare documentation to support new or enhanced functionalities to payment services applications
- Interface between IS Service Management and the IS Applications teams on customer related business engagements and issues.
- Influence and ensure resilience is built into payment solutions to ensure failed financial transactions are automatically reconciled with minimal need for customers complaint
- Network and build solid relationships with internal units and relevant third parties (e.g. strategic investors, technical and finance partners, business consultants etc.) and develop a close working relationship with relevant information sources to provide an integrated service.
- Maintain effective working relationships with internal and external suppliers.
- Support and influence external partners and essential support departments across MTNN’s business units to deliver a seamless pre-sales and post-sales service experience.
- Build and nurture strategic relationships with the regulator(s) at the appropriate level to ensure smooth and seamless operations of the PSB service.
- Stakeholder management of internal (business units) and external (regulators, financial institutions, etc.) entities
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Influence and engage with vendors and managed service operation providers to ensure right competence by support staff.
Experience & Training
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- B.Sc Electrical/Electronics Engineering or Equivalent
- 3-7 Years’ experience which includes:
- Minimum 3 years hands-on experience in financial systems, products and applications, Solaris and Databases System Administration
- Experience in Telecoms Industry.
- A good understanding of the banking or payment services related industry
- Unix/Oracle/ITIL/Java Certifications
- Experience in vendor management across multiple geographical locations
- Support of digital services related applications
- Solaris System Admin and Networking
- Java Programming
- Oracle Developer and Database Administration
- Technical report writing
- Itil training and certifications
- Vendor management
- Performance management
- Digital products and services
Application Closing Date
- BA, BSc, BEng, HND or BTech
29th April, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online