MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Manager, Business Planning
- To perform strategic planning functions and maintain planning models.
- To manage the MTN budget year process (Revenue to Gross Margin) and Monthly Reforecast and Variance analysis
- Support the Shareholder return strategy by developing and implementing Marketing Processes that are aligned to achieving all elements on the business score card. (I.e. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions).
- Participate in the review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimisation, etc.), to drive efficiency gains within Divisional budget year-on-year.
- Review the budget process and ensure that quality drivers/assumptions for business plans and the business rules are correctly applied to the process and the forecasting scenarios.
- Assess the MTNN business plan to articulate an understanding of the telecommunications industry as well as future developments to be taken into account
- Review MTNN revenue and financial planning models, provide market share estimates based on market data and develop MTNN five year revenue and related financial projections.
- Serve the Division’s internal customers and provide solutions to improve the customer experience.
- Strategic Partnerships with MTNN leadership team to drive awareness on expected behaviours and impact on non-compliance on bottom line results and company image/reputation.
- Drive planned strategy for the successful delivery of MTN Group and MTNN transformation initiatives focusing on Customer centricity.
- Drive an increase in MTNN’s Net Promoter Score.
- Promote a sustainable organizational culture that enhances employee productivity and oversee the management of the year on year performance of all dimensions of the Group Culture Audit.
- Network and build solid relationships with internal units and relevant third parties (e.g. strategic investors, technical and finance partners, business consultants etc.) and develop a close working relationship with relevant information sources to provide an integrated service.
- Collaborate with other business units in developing business models and frameworks that support business decisions and business planning and assist in developing and reviewing scenarios within the models.
- Liaise cross functionally with Finance in the overall business planning, budget and reforecast process
- Review trends in the telecommunications industry and provide insight into issues and events that could be factored into the business planning process as it affects MTNN operations and services.
- Develop internal and external sources of intelligence on a continuous basis and integrate /manage data and information from diverse sources to guide strategic plans and decision processes within the Marketing Division.
- Develop and maintain database of records, data and information that are relevant to the telecommunications industry and useful for planning and optimization of MTNN business activities.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Coach and train the team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of set targets/requirements and regularly review their training needs.
- Review performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- Identify training requirements of team members, develop program to address knowledge gaps and to enrich knowledge repository within the department.
Experience & Training
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- First degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Statistics
- A Masters Degree in Business Administration (MBA) or a related discipline will be an added advantage
- Fluent in English
- Minimum 6 years’ experience which includes:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience in supervising/managing others
- Experience working in a medium to large organization
- Experience in hands-on accounting and financial forecasting
- Strong talent for developing conclusions and recommendations from complex set of data
- Forecasting principles
- International Accounting Standards
- Telecoms market - Basic Telecoms Fundamentals
Application Closing Date
29th April, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online