First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria's largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Market Research & Business Intelligence Officer
Ref Id: 1900002C
Work Locations: Cards and Channels
Job: FBN GEN. Job Family
Organization: DMD Directorate
Job Type: Full-time
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct regular market research, customer and transactional data analysis to provide intelligence for new products and re-engineering of existing ones
- Find new ways to attract quality customers, maximize value of existing ones and maintain market dominance through innovation
- Manage a comprehensive framework for Revenue Assurance of all eBusiness products.
- Participate in the management of performance and delivery of management reporting for decision making and interventions.
- ESupport the formal strategy making process of Business group.
- Participate in the performance of regular market analysis to support strategy and analyze performance in order to maximize revenue opportunities and drive excellent operations through detailed customer knowledge.
- Implement the overall analytics and business intelligence strategy for eBusiness.
- Design and develop analytical projects designed to understand key business behaviours that drive customer acquisition, retention, and engagement.
- Analyse eBusiness performance continuously and comprehensively and provide timely advise to management on improvement options.
- Establish clear product performance metrics, targets and accountabilities and render report on key performance indicators to ensure that management and business owners can measure, monitor and continuously improve performance.
- Develop a management information system (MIS) to aid distributed reporting of eBusiness performance
- Perform budgeting for the group and ensure compliance of business operations to budget.
- Manage the group’s P/L account and supervise the reconciliation functions for the account and other Admin functions.
- Plan the eBusiness strategy retreats, workshops, Knowledge Sharing Sessions and monthly meetings.
- Identify opportunities to develop forecasts, statistical models, segmentation schemes, and data-driven analyses to drive the deepening of electronic product penetration.
- Work with business and operations owners in eBusiness/ as well as other SBUs in the Bank to identify information needs and develop reporting to address those needs consistently.
- Support in planning, developing, communicating and executing the group’s strategy.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Quality of research, analyses and depth of recommendations
- Profitability of eBusiness Products
- Migration rate of Customers to electronic platform
- Efficiency of Channels and Cards Operations
- Number of processes optimized.
- Timeliness, completion and quality of Strategy sessions
- Timeliness, completion and quality of Reports
- OPEX Variance.
- First degree in any Discipline, preferably Economics, Computer Science and Accounting.
Key Competency Requirements
- Minimum experience - Minimum of 2 year working experience in banking or financial services industry
- Prior experience in Market Research and Business Intelligence is required.
- Outstanding background in data analysis tools and methods. Experience working with highly skilled quantitative/statistical analysts
- Good understanding of revenue and billing models in an electronic business industry
- Basic banking operations knowledge
- Sound understanding of electronic payments - card business and operations.
- Strong knowledge of the ePayment Industry
- Numerate, analytical, high attention to detail, able to prioritize
- Maintains a positive attitude and works effectively in pressured situations
- First-rate communications skills
- Understanding of charging principles, and fees model in an electronic business environment.
- Ability to combine strong analytical skills with sound business knowledge
- Ability to develop and evolve long-term strategies while driving tactical projects
- Good appreciation of project management.
Application Closing Date
- Strong Analytical skill
- Data Analysis Skills (Including the use of related software programs and tools)
- Customer, Market and Result Oriented
- Excellence in planning and execution
- Adapts readily to change in routine
- Strong computer skills.
- Quality Report Writing Skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online