First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria's largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Head, Other Asset & Liability Products
Ref Id: 19000026
Work Locations: Cards and Channels
Job: FBN GEN. Job Family
Organization: DMD Directorate
Job Type: Full-time
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design value proposition for non-salary individuals such as self-employed and other upcoming individuals.
- Design and manage scoring algorithms for digital lending to these segments
- Implement strategies and initiatives to upscale digital lending such as Nano lending, Point of Sales lending, Agent banking lending, etc.
- Low cost liability generation
- Drive product uptake and increase share of the wallet as well as increased Top of the Mind Awareness (TOMA)
- Drive mass market customer acquisition by targeting semi-structured associations like Okada rider, Tricycle, fashion designers, etc,
- Profit generation
- Product development and management
- External and internal resource management
- Cost control management and income maximization
- Business creation and retention
- Resource planning and coordination
- Mine and pool customer data to track behaviors and design new algorithms for engagement
- Online marketing and customer acquisition.
- Data mining and interpretation for business development.
- Responsible and accountable for risk management of his/her business
- Work with the SBUs to identify new markets that present opportunities for business
- Consistently review the existing Products (monthly, Quarterly and Annually)
- Attend and make presentations at various SBUs monthly/quarterly performance review sessions products and events to support the marketing of products by the customer facing SBUs
- Ensure the profitability of existing and new products.
- Ensure that all consumer asset products have NPLs within tolerance level (currently 5% of the total products portfolio)
- Work with CAP, CRM, CAM, Operations, IT and other SRFs to ensure effective deployment of resources to support market facing SBUs for effective products sales
- Attend and supervise User’s Acceptance Test (UAT) sessions and ensure that test results conform with approved products terms and conditions
- Oversee Consumer Products life cycle, from inception to launch, to evaluation/refinement and final withdrawal.
- Carry out other responsibilities as assigned by the Head, Personal Banking
- Develop & implement strategies for the effective monitoring/tracking of Products.
- Work closely with M&CC, SBU and other stakeholders to ensure FirstBank’s Consumer products are highly visible in the market.
- Initiate promotional activities/schemes in conjunction with reputable auto & equipment vendors that are aimed at selling these products in a smart and creative manner.
- Inaccurate customer data for revolving product lifecycle
- Obtaining information on competing products
- Lethargic Information Technology support
- Effective data science methodology
- Macro: 1 Year Micro: 1 month
Key Performance Indicators
- Key financial/statistical measures of your organizational unit
- Number of staff: Currently 3
- Staff costs:
- Costs that you control:
- Income that your Division generates (if any):
- Net Revenue:
- Volume of Consumer Products
- Profit before tax
- Consumer Liability Balances
- Increased number of salary accounts
- External Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Internal Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Product Awareness Rating
- Product Launch to Market Niche
- Product defect rate
- Human capital return on investment
- Audit Defect Rate
- Minimum Education: First Degree;
- Higher degrees /MBA/professional certifications compulsory.
Key Competency Requirements
- Minimum experience - 8 years of general banking experience
- Extensive knowledge of competitor products and their application
- Banking structure, policies and procedures.
- Core Business Processes
- Data Gathering and Analysis
- Regulatory Compliance
- Banking Operations
- Extensive knowledge of First Bank’s services/products
- Relationship management
Application Closing Date
- Ability to evaluate needs of customers, and determine what products or service would best serve those needs
- Interpersonal skills
- IT and Computer appreciation
- Communications skills (written and oral)
- Selling and marketing skills
- Must be self-solution driven, proactive and have acceptable knowledge of the business environment
- Attention to details
- Reasoning and Analytical Skill.
- Performance Measurement & Assessment Skill
- Supervisory skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online