The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is a regional group of fifteen West African countries. Founded on 28 May 1975, with the signing of the Treaty of Lagos, its mission is to promote economic integration across the region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: PPO - Strategic Partnership and Resource Mobilization
Bobo Dioulasso, Burkina Faso
Institution: West African Health Organisation (WAHO)
Directorate: Office of the Director General
Division: Strategic Partnership and Resource Mobilization
Line Supervisor: Director General
Supervising: PO Monitoring and Evaluation; Relevant Coordinators of Partner-Funded Projects
Role and Responsibilities
- Under the supervision of the Director General, the incumbent shall identify potential long term partners for WAHO and lead discussions on collaboration and funding programmes
- S/he shall undertake resource mobilisation activities for the Organisation; design memoranda of understanding; promote the Organisation’s diversity of programmes; supervise relevant partner-funded project coordinators; monitor progress in programme implementation and take part in the evaluation of programmes; audit the proper utilisation of donor funds; attend meetings/conferences to solicit for funds.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- Lead the development and implementation of WAHO’s Resource Mobilisation Strategy;
- Design appropriate brochures to inform potential partners about WAHO’s programmes;
- Source for new funding partners to complement the implementation of the Organisation’s programmes;
- Prepare Memoranda of Understanding between partners and WAHO;
- Promote diversity in the funding of programmes;
- Supervise relevant coordinators of partner-funded projects
- Monitor the implementation partner funded programmes;
- Evaluate the success of programme implementation and provide reports;
- Ensure partner funds are used for original intent;
- Supervise and support the Monitoring and Evaluation team at WAHO
- Coordinate the monitoring and evaluation of resources (human, financial and material) during emergencies and disasters outbreaks;
- Perform any other duty as assigned by the supervisor.
- Master's Degree in Public Health, Business or Public Administration, Economics, Political Science, Social Sciences, or relevant related field from a recognized university;
- 10 years of progressively responsible experience in implementation of strategic plans, resources mobilization, and partnership management with 5 years at a supervisory level;
- Knowledge of strategic planning techniques, institutional and organizational evaluation, result based management (RBM) and monitoring & evaluation techniques; including theories, standards and models, quantitative/qualitative/mixed methods, validity/reliability testing of data, data analysis and interpretation,
- Knowledge of funding rules, policies and guidelines forpartners;
- Knowledge in developing work plans, monitor and evaluate programmes and provide reports;
- Ability to develop viable funding proposals.
- Be below 50 years old. This provision does not apply to internal candidates.
Ecowas Key Competencies
- Ability to lead in assigned programmes and projects by providing the necessary managerial and operational expertise required for the fulfillment of the organization’s mandate;
- Ability to lead by example and organize teamwork to encourage cooperation to achieve targeted results, champion and build momentum for change and to bring about employee engagement; develops and implements internal controls for pilot program to manage potential barriers to implementation;
- Ability to respect chain of command in an appropriate manner;
- Excellent self-management skills, demonstrating ethics and integrity, confidentiality and displaying due regards for internal controls of rules, delegations and transparency;
- Knowledge of program management at the level usually acquired from a certification in program management.
- Ability to research benchmarks and trends to bring about the best recommendations for the development and improvement of programs/projects that will best serve the community/organization;
- Well-developed networking and interpersonal skills to seek feedback, information and data from a network of professionals from multiple countries/sectors/organizations and to identify and prioritize the most critical community requirements;
- Ability to develop and implement best practices in client services;
- Ability to develop and implement stakeholder management plans, programs and initiatives to obtain buy-in on new initiatives, to better understand dissenting views, to obtain resources and to increase perceptions of success
- Ability to be diplomatic, tactful and respect of other people from varied backgrounds, understanding diverse cultural views especially within West Africa with the ability to convert diversity into opportunities to improve program/operational outcomes;
- Ability to remain objective in managing conflict regardless of cultural differences /positions, gender differences, and encourage other staff to overcome cultural and gender bias and differences;
- Ability and responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work;
- Ability to serve the interest of culturally diverse multinational teams/organizations/communities and persons with disability without prejudice and bias
- Understanding of the ECOWAS organizational structure, associated dynamics and expectations as required to collaborate, participate, contribute and lead effectively;
- Knowledge of the ECOWAS mandate, strategic plan/priorities as well as the economic, political and social situation and trends in member states, as pertains to own scope of work;
- Knowledge of international best practices, program management approaches and research techniques to lead and/or contribute to the development or assessment of programs, projects or initiatives;
- Ability to use ECOWAS rules and procedures to appropriately interpret and apply directive text, provide technical advice, coach others and assess performance
- Ability to pull together information from different sources to identify the cause of problems, consequences of alternative causes of action, potential obstacles and ways to avoid the problem in the future;
- Ability to break down very complex situations/information into simple terms to explain recommendations and conclusions aimed at solving problems or improving operations/programs/projects;
- Ability to develop new insights into situations, apply innovative solutions to problems and to design new methods of addressing issues or disconnects where established methods and procedures are inapplicable or no longer effective.
- Ability to communicate with impact, clearly and concisely in a succinct and organized manner conveying credibility & confidence when making presentations, setting expectations and explaining complex issues;
- Accomplished technical writing and editing skills;
- Exhibit active listening skills to encourage stronger communication amongst team members, to show care and make them feel valued and todrive employee engagement in all institutions and agencies;
- Ability to give constructive feedback, provide recognition, address shortcomings and motivate direct reports to work at peak performance;
- computer literate and proficiency in information communication technologies(ICT), including the use of analytical databases;
- Fluency in oral and written expressions in one of the ECOWAS official languages of the Community (English, French & Portuguese). Knowledge of an additional one will be an added advantage
- Ability to set effective goals and targets for self, others, and the work unit and adjusting work or project priorities in response to changing circumstances;
- Ability to use participatory approach in project planning and identify gaps affecting the achievement of program/project expectations and to design and implement intervention plans required to build the desired task;
- Ability to implement rigorous monitoring and evaluation practices and to set in place regular reporting schedules relevant to key outputs;
- Ability to plan, organize, control resources, and to comply with policies, procedures and protocols to achieve specific goals.
Application Closing Date
- UA 53,809.91/USD 84, 901.27.
17th June, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected]
Click Here for More Information