Noble Hall Leadership Academy for Girls, is a school dedicated to educating the total person - intellectual, spiritually, socially, physically and emotionally. Our ultimate aim is to create a new cadre of confident female leaders who are committed to making a positive difference.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Guidance Counselor
Reports to: Principal
- Would possess the professional training and demonstrates those skills needed for his/her guidance and counseling responsibilities.
- The counselor implements the counseling program.
- The counselor helps students to seek solutions to their problems.
- The counselor facilitates the school’s planning and placement of his/her students and assists in the planning for post-secondary school interests.
- The counselor consults and informs parents and school professionals about the impact of the school environment upon students.
- The counselor maintains pertinent student personnel records and interprets those in an ethical manner.
- The counselor performs professional responsibilities necessary for the maintenance of the school’s educational environment.
- Develops, implements, teaches and revises curriculum related to the competencies of the guidance program.
- Conducts research in pertinent areas to update and add to the curriculum.
- Plans and participates in parent seminars as related to group guidance curriculum.
- Assists in the coordination of career/occupational domain by supporting students, career days, shadowing experiences, and mentorships.
- Assists teachers in the implementation of special service programs and the mainstreaming of special service students.
- Masters the computer technology needed to perform daily guidance tasks.
- Keeps accurate records in all facets of the guidance program.
- Attends professional conferences, seminars, and earns additional credit to stay current with contemporary issues in the area of guidance.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual budget for the guidance department.
- Assists in the development of annual and long-term guidance goals.
- Requires demonstration of individual and group counseling skills; collaborative skills; teaching and coaching skills; service-oriented skills; supervisory skills; leadership skills; problem-solving skills; verbal and written communication skills; organizational skills; data analysis skills; and technology skills in the areas of guidance management, information resources, student programming, instructional interventions, office software, student database systems, and office equipment operation.
Application Closing Date
- Requires significant confidentiality responsibilities, excellent attention to detail and follow through, resource management.
- Requires ability to develop constructive partnerships with students, staff, and families.
- Plan, organize, implement, and administer guidance, counseling, life, career planning through development programs.
- Recognize substance and abuse and implement crisis prevention and intervention strategies; advocate for students.
- Integrate guidance counseling programs within the school curriculum; identify student needs successfully.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online