The United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UNOCHA) is the part of the United Nations Secretariat responsible for bringing together humanitarian actors to ensure a coherent response to emergencies. OCHA also ensures there is a framework within which each actor can contribute to the overall response effort.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Driver/Clerk
Job ID: 23059
Practice Area - Job Family: Management - CLERICAL, Management - LOGISTICS
Vacancy Type: FTA Local
Posting Type: Common System
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the guidance and supervision of the Administrative & Finance Analyst in Maiduguri and direct supervisor, the Admin and Logistics Associate, the Senior Driver provides reliable and safe driving services ensuring high accuracy of work.
- The Driver demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- The Driver provides driving services to the operations and programme staff in the Country Office (CO), Consultants and Experts and UN staff on mission.
- The driver will lead the other drivers and be responsible for the fleet management.
Summary of Key Functions:
- Provision of reliable and secure driving services
- Proper use of vehicle
- Day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle
- Availability of documents/ supplies
- Ensures provision of reliable and secure driving services by a) driving office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items and b) meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport, visa and customs formalities arrangement when required.
- Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
- Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, and map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts.
- Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
- Demonstrates commitment to OCHA’s mission, vision and values.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Knowledge Management and Learning:
- Shares knowledge and experience
- Provides helpful feedback and advice to others in the office
Development and Operational Effectiveness:
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of protocol
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of security issues
Leadership and Self-Management:
Required Skills and Experience
- Focuses on result for the client
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of views
- Secondary Education. Valid Driver’s license.
- 3 years' work experience as a driver; safe driving record; knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
Application Closing Date
- Fluency in English, knowledge of
- Local language of the duty station.
9th May, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
- UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.