Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organisation operating for over 35 years who is committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: water, food and shelter. SI has started activities in North-eastern Nigeria in August 2016 in the fields of Wash and is now intervening in 4 areas of the state for Wash and Shelter activities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security Manager
Beginning of Contract: ASAP
Contract Duration: 3 months (with possibility of extension)
Probation Period: 1 month
- The Security Manager- supports mission in improving security management and access for the humanitarian intervention of SI in Nigeria
- Under the line management of the Country Director and in collaboration with the Log Co & Field Cos, the Security Manager helps in collecting and analyzing security context and access in Nigeria
- This will help in informing security decisions taken by SI (CD) on strategic aspects as well as day to day security management of the mission.
Establish and Monitor Security Procedures:
- In charge of radio communications with field bases;
- Establish and maintain informal relations and a network of contacts permitting the collection of information, and the monitoring and analysis of the political, security and geo-political contexts in the countries and areas of intervention;
- Manage security crisis according to contingency plans:
- Report immediately to the Country Director and Log Coo any sudden changes on the access and security in the areas where SI operates or where SI teams are present
- Support the Country Director in the management of security incidents and if need be, act as focal point for the teams at national level for any access and security related issue
- Support Field Coordinators in understanding context analysis, network development & social structure of local communities
- Build capacities of SI teams in security management, response and in understanding SI security rules
- Attend Security meetings and report them to the CD and Log Coo;
- Conduct security assessment of Solidarités premises, working areas and new areas;
- Implement protection and security rules and for Solidarités offices, houses, stocks, vehicles and staffs according the needs and risks;
- Update security pack including: security plan (mission and base), evacuation plan, risk analyses and security phases documents;
- Enforce and have the security measures applied by all staffs;
- Participate in the security and contextual briefing of new arrivals at the missions;
- Do a security induction for all new team members of the mission
- Promote Solidarités International charter Ethical code.
- Facilitate the proper circulation of security information on the mission.
Reporting / Communication / Representation:
- Participation in external security and access coordination meetings and share minutes with CD and Log Coo
- Update on a regular basis the constant companion document
- Write the incident report document when necessary
- Prepare weekly security updates of all bases
- Prepare a monthly security and access analysis (Focus on, but not limited to, SI base locations)
- Analyze contextual, security and geopolitical information;
- Write Security Internal Security Follow-up;
- File and archive documents related to the Security.
- Acts as the functional manager of the FC assistants. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Contribute to the recruitment process of Field coordinator assistants.
- Involve in the training & coaching of field coordinator assistants on context analysis, network development and information analysis.
- Professional experience: 3 years of experience in similar position (NGO/Private or Public sector)
- Personal qualities: reliable, honest, very good organization, resistance to stress, good interpersonal skills (communication), team player, capacity to delegate and to manage, initiative and autonomy, capacity of prioritisation of tasks
- Demonstrable ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
Salary and conditions
- Languages: fluent in English and Hausa (additional languages a plus)
- Excellent analytical skills, writing and speaking
- Demonstrable knowledge of project management
- Excellent knowledge of MS office applications
- Basics in geographical information system (GIS)
- Demonstrable experience in managing staff safety and security. Regimental experience is an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
- In accordance with SI’s Terms of Employment; for national staff in Nigeria
- Delocalized status and related benefits: Applicable.
24th May, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- When the above link opens, select "Security Manager Maiduguri", fill the form and attach your CV.
- The CV attached must be named with your name and surname.
- As position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the final date.