Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 263,900 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose - to make an impact that matters.
Deloitte West Africa is a cluster of Deloitte offices that has joined together to provide seamless cross-border services to our clients in the region and to pass on the benefits of scale and access to resources that this organization can generate. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across these regions: Nigeria and Ghana.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: WASH State Supervisor
Reference Number: DUN056
Contract Duration: 12 Months
The responsibilities and key assignments for this consultancy in relation to the SHAWN Project in Bauchi Field Office includes the following:
- Assist the Field Office to strengthen the capacity of WASH sector institutions in the state to implement WASH Programme in communities.
- Support the Field Office to organize activities for building capacities of WASH institutions; and review activity proposals from partners for recommendation to the WASH Specialist for approval.
- Provide technical assistance to State Rural Water and Sanitation Agency (RUWASA) in the implementation, monitoring and supervision of agreed annual work plan.
- Assist the Field Office to conduct regular supportive supervision and monitoring of WASH interventions in the state and end-use monitoring of WASH- related Supplies.
- Assist the field Office to facilitate tracking of progress on programme implementation and production of reports with disaggregated indicators.
- Support RUWASA in maintaining a regular flow of information and establishing data room where all information and documents relating to procurement processes and payments can be obtained.
- Support the state in the documentation of process, progress and best practices of the project implementation to promote evidence-based advocacy and learning (documentaries, human interest stories, case studies, etc.)
- Any other relevant assignment that may be delegated by the supervisor to achieve the planned WASH results.
- Candidates should possess at least a University Degree in Engineering; Public Health; Hydrogeology; Natural Sciences; Social Sciences or other field related to WASH Development. A Post graduate qualification will be an added advantage.
- Good communications and writing skills in English
- Knowledge of Local language Hausa
- At least 6 years of relevant experience in Programme planning, implementation and monitoring preferably in water and sanitation sector.
- Knowledge of community-based water and sanitation management and Hygiene education
- Experience in CLTS implementation
- Experience in community dialogue and advocacy skills
- Team work and negotiation skills on project development issues at State and LGA level
- Excellent presentation skills, both in terms of written and oral communication.
- Willingness to travel to rural and semi-urban areas of the country.
- IT skills with ability to generate data, interpret and utilize it for planning
- Ability to work effectively State RUWASSA and WASH Departments/Units
Application Closing Date
- Detailed work plan for the implementation of the consultancy
- Monthly Work plan for implementation of WASH Activities in Bauchi and Jigawa state under Bauchi Field Office.
- Monthly reports of WASH activities implemented within the state and progress reports on planned activities from the Field.
- Final consultancy report of all activities carried out.
30th May, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online