Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: BCC Program Officer - AIDS FUND Project
Ref Id: sfh-49977
Job Type: Full-time
- Reporting to the Project Team Leader, the BCC Program Officer will take the lead in the implementation of HIV care and treatment among women and children, ensure access to sexual reproductive health services and provide linkages to care and treatment as a continuum of care.
- The BCC Program Officer will build the capacity of community mentor mothers and volunteers of civil society organizations to effectively mobilize women and children from the community to the facility.
- The selected officer will participate in all State coordination platforms (SMOH, SACA, Partners Forum) on HIV Prevention programmes especially those for women and children and collaborate with primary stakeholders and gatekeepers in providing an enabling environment for the implementation of HIV prevention activities among women and children in the Taraba State.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in Social/Behavioural/ Medical/Sciences or a related field of study
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in managing HIV programmes, 2 of which should be in behaviour change communication and management of health-related plans.
- Must have excellent communication, report writing, and data interpretation skills.
- Demonstrated understanding, experience, and competency in working with HIV KP community-led organizations and KP community leaders.
Skills and competencies:
Application Closing Date
- The successful candidate will be a person of integrity with excellent analytical, interpersonal, advocacy and communication skills.
- A mature health programming professional with good experience in community health programmes and demonstrated knowledge and capacity to foster the development of a shared vision.
- Should display strong leadership in integrating planning efforts across work units.
- Should be proficient in Microsoft Office applications including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
22nd May, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online