SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Welding & Painting Supervisor
Reference number: 2019-11770
Port Harcourt, Rivers
Contractual hours: Full time
Temporary Work Contract: Contractual hours
Contract Duration: 1 Year Renewable
- Assist ECP Site Superintendent,
- Guide the contractors and COMPANY personnel during site technical visits (pre-bid, study, etc.) and provide clarification as necessary,
- Participate to the site kick off meetings and associated JRA,
- Participate to the post-mobilization inspections made with FO for all ECP activities to take place on site,
- Verify proper qualification of contractors' construction & inspection personnel and report any deviation,
- Verify suitability as well as proper calibration and documentation of contractors' construction & inspection equipment and report any deviation,
- Verify proper identification of material to be incorporated as well as availability and suitability of supporting documentation (mill test certificates, prefabrication dossier, vendor documentation, etc.) and report any deviation,
- Verify proper preparation and organization of the contractors (availability of necessary personnel, tool and documentation) and report any deviation,
- Follow up of the work permits (PTW) from preparation, signature and up to closure, handling their technical aspects and liaising with HSE supervisor regarding their safety aspects,
- Verify suitability of scaffolds to be used by contractors and report any anomaly or inadequacy,
- Verify proper implementation by contractors of the approved work procedures and report any deviation,
- Verify proper implementation by contractors of the approved Quality Control Plan (ITP) and report any deviation,
- Verify proper maintenance by contractors of material, welding, NDT and painting traceability and report any deviation,
- Verify proper maintenance by contractors of an as built marked-up master of technical drawings and diagrams,
- Verify proper implementation by contractors of the pre-commissioning tests/checks and report any deviation,
- Review and endorse contractors' inspection, check and test records or reports,
- Prepare and issue NCR in case of deviation from applicable specifications or approved technical documents,
- Verify works' progress against schedule and report any slippage,
- Provide assistance to commissioning team.
- Provide daily activity report and progress follow-up to Site Superintendent, QC Leader and Project Engineer,
- Carry out any other task that may be assigned to him.
- Engineering background with a minimum of 5 years' experience in construction of Oil & Gas installations.
- A Bachelor's Degree or Higher National Diploma in Engineering and AWS-CWI or IWI-S/C or IWT or CSWIP3.2 minimum qualification in welding inspection and ISO 9712 or ASNT level 2 minimum qualification in RT films interpretation as well as NACE or BGAS or FROSIO level2 minimum qualification in painting inspection.
- Good English
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with ability to adapt and to discuss with contractors
- SAS HUET (or BOSIET) and CA-EBS
Minimum Level of Experience Required:
Application Closing Date
- English (D-Full professional proficiency).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online