Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Revenue Manager
Job Number 19001BSF
Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom
Position Type: Management
Job Category: Revenue Management
- The Revenue Management Remote Solutions Senior Team Leader is responsible for providing strategic and analytical leadership and expertise to drive top-line property revenues for Remote Solutions contracted properties across a defined geographic area.
- The position works closely with Select Service/Extended Stay Leadership (Area Vice Presidents, Area Directors), Revenue Management Leadership, and Revenue Management Remove Solutions (RMRS) Team Leaders and teams to maximize property objectives and priorities, providing support primarily in the areas of pricing strategy, mix management.
- As a member of Revenue Management Remote Solutions Leadership team, the position will be responsible for driving consistency in operational execution for their portfolio.
- The position will be accountable for managing their team and providing day to day direction to their Team Leaders. In addition, the Senior Team Leader will provide Revenue Support to Business Partners in other disciplines (i.e., Sales and Marketing and Finance and Accounting).
Managing Revenue Management Projects and Strategy:
- Clearly articulates the services that the Remote Solutions team provides and solves for existing gaps.
- Provides direct leadership to Team Leaders and overall team.
- Proactively develops and manages key stakeholder relationships – internal and external, including owners and franchisees
- Communicates brand initiatives, demand and market analysis to hotels/franchise partners/owners.
- Provides targeted and timely communication of results, achievements and challenges to the stakeholders
- Assists in the review process of critical Revenue Management training materials, including onboarding new hotels.
- As a member of the Revenue Management Remote Solutions (RMRS) leadership team, develops and directs the efforts of key department and discipline MBOs.
- Provides input to enhance and develop tools for better and more efficient analysis.
- Leverages knowledge and experience in brand revenue strategies to identify and implement improvements to revenue effectiveness and results.
- Serves as revenue management operational leadership contact for SS/ES Area Vice Presidents, Area Directors and General Managers, provide revenue insight and context to help them meet their goals. Be a sounding-board for revenue management ideas and issues.
- Maintains and communicates updated, expert knowledge of Marriott Revenue organization, challenges/opportunities.
- On a regular basis, contributes to revenue effectiveness by communicating regional needs, and recommending new and creative processes and techniques. Shares best practices with broader organization.
- Identify hotels with opportunities by reviewing key reports and soliciting input. Assist in developing and implementing appropriate sales strategies. Insure pull through of agreed upon strategies.
- Ensure that Select Service/Extended Stay hotels have sound pricing structures that are aligned with Marriott International’s overall Transient Pricing Strategy and Group Pricing Strategy.
- Ensure brand standards are implemented and complied with in all revenue management efforts.
- Participates in the development and delivery of change management processes and communicates clearly to broader audience - internal and external.
- Ensures hotel strategies conform to brand philosophies and initiatives.
- Ensures that sales strategies and rate restrictions are communicated, implemented and modified as market conditions fluctuate.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Sell ideas persuasively and influence without direct authority – including Area Vice Presidents, Area Directors, General Managers, Team Leads on revenue issues about which there are a variety of perspectives.
- Understands and meets the needs of key stakeholders (owners, corporate, guests, etc.).
- Establishes long-range objectives and specifies the strategies and actions to achieve them.
- Works closely with Sales and Marketing for business opportunities, aiming to increase profitability of the organization.
- Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Drives the execution of predetermined strategies.
- Thinks creatively and practically to develop, execute and implement new business plans.
- Attends meetings to plan, organize, prioritize, coordinate and manage activities and solutions. Possible travel of up to 40% to participate in key regional meetings.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
- Initiates, implements and evaluates revenue tests.
Analyzing and Reporting Revenue Management Data:
- Provides strategic and analytical leadership for (area) hotels to ensure the achievement of (area/region/Hotel) revenue objectives.
- Analyzes competitive sets, price positioning, seasonality, mix and displacement on a continuous basis.
- Conducts sales strategy analysis and refines as appropriate to increase market share for all properties.
- Assists hotels with pricing and provides input on business evaluation recommendations.
- Analyzes period end and other available systems data to identify trends, future need periods and obstacles to achieving goals.
- Identifies the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
- Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Translates or explains what information means and how it can be used.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities:
- Interviews and hires employees with the appropriate skills to meet the business needs of the units.
- Develops, implements and maintains a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
- Uses all available on the job training tools for employees.
- Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position and monitors progress.
- Conducts employee performance appraisals according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
- Solicits feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems and concerns.
- Ensures regular on-going communication is happening in all areas of responsibility to create awareness of business objectives and communicate expectations, recognize performance and produce desired business results.
Building Successful Relationships:
- Identifies and communicates revenue and profit opportunities to area and property leadership teams and sales organization.
- Develops and manages internal key stakeholder relationships.
- Provides targeted and timely communication of results, achievements and challenges to the stakeholders.
Education and Experience:
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Economics, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 6 years experience in the revenue management, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
Application Closing Date
- 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Economics, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years experience in the revenue management, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online