Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager on Duty
Job Number 19001FWW
Position Type: Non-Management/Hourly
Job Category: Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Application Closing Date
- Process all guest check-ins, verifying guest identity, form of payment, assigning room, and activating/issuing room key.
- Set up accurate accounts for each guest according to their requirements.
- Enter Marriott Rewards information.
- Ensure rates match market codes, document exceptions.
- Secure payment prior to issuing room key, verify/adjust billing.
- Compile and review daily reports/logs/contingency lists.
- Complete cashier and closing reports.
- Supply guests with directions and property information.
- Accommodate guest requests, contacting appropriate staff if necessary.
- Follow up to ensure requests have been met.
- Process all payment types, vouchers, paid-outs, and charges.
- Balance and drop receipts.
- Count and secure bank at beginning and end of shift.
- Obtain manual authorizations and follow all Accounting procedures.
- Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
- Assist management in training, evaluating, counseling, motivating and coaching employees; serve as a role model and first point of contact of the Guarantee of Fair Treatment/Open Door Policy process.
- Develop/maintain positive working relationships; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to employee concerns.
- Follow company policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications; ensure personal appearance is clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge guests; anticipate and address guests' service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Speak using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Ensure adherence to quality standards.
- Enter and locate information using computers/POS systems.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online