The Federal College of Education, Obudu, Cross River State invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Registrar
: Obudu, Cross River
- The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the College and is responsible to the Provost for the day to day administration of the college
- He/She is a principal Officer and Head of Registry Department
- He/She serves as Secretary to the Governing Council, Academic Board and other statutory committees
- He/She is also responsible for keeping all the records of the Institution.
An applicant for the post of Registrar should:
Terms of Appointment/Conditions of Service
- Be a graduate with good honors Degree in any of the Social Sciences/Humanities with at least twenty one (21) Years cognate experience; or a Master's Degree from a recognized institution of higher learning plus at least eighteen (18) years cognate experience; or a Doctorate Degree with at least fifteen (15) years cognate experience
- Candidates must be on the rank of Deputy Registrar with at leastfive (5) years experience as a Deputy Registrar.
- Evidence of strong administrative leadership, initiafive and creativity in policy formulation, good industrial human relations and positive managerial attributes;
- Evidence of Membership of reputable professional body(ies) in Nigeria;
- Be information and communication Technology (ICT) compliant and must command respect and enjoy the confidence of colleagues;
- Be objective, fair minded, impartial and of proven integrity; and
- The successful applicant must not exceed fifty-nine (59) years of age at the time of assumption of duty.
Duration of Tenure
- Conditions of service are as contained in the current edition of the Schemes and Conditions of Service for Federal Colleges of Education in Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
- The tenure for the appointment is five (5) years from the date of appointment and may be reappointed for a further period of 5 years and no more, subject to good performance.
1st July, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit 20 copies of their applications typed in A4 sized quality paper and attach twenty (20) copies of their Curriculum Vitae (CV), giving the details in the following order:
- Full name with Surname underlined
- Date and place of birth
- State of Origin/Local Government Area
- Marital Status
- Current postal address (including Telephone No. and E-Mail address)
- Educational institutions attended with dates
- Academic professional bodies/Associations
- Previous employer(s) and posts held with dates
- Present Employment (including present status and salary)
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees who are to forward confidential reports on them. Such referees should be able to attest to the candidate's claims of administrative capacities as well as their characters.
All Applications should be enclosed in an envelope and marked "Application for Registrar", addressed and sent to:
The Registrar/Secretary to Council,
Federal College of Education,
P.M.B 1038, Obudu,
Cross River State.
- Applicants shall attach to the application 20 copies each of their qualification, detailed CV/other relevant documents, 3 Referee reports (one of which must be from the Applicant's Provost/Registrar)
- All applications received after the deadline shall be rejected.
- Only applicants who meet the criteria for eligibility stated above shall be shortlisted and communicated to