Federal College of Education, Obudu, Cross River State invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: College Librarian
: Obudu, Cross River
The duties and responsibilities of the College Librarian include but not limited to the following:
- He/She shall be responsible to the Provost for the college library and the coordinator of the library services in the Teaching Units of the College
- Forming overall library policy, contacts and liaising with Departments on book requirements
- Preparation of library budgets
- Giving professional advice on library matters, etc.
Tobe eligible for appointment as the College librarian, the candidate must:
Terms of Appointment/Conditions of Service
- Not be more than 59 years at the time of assumption of duty
- Possess an MLS from a recognized institution of higher learning with at least 18 years of cognate experience or possession of a Doctorate Degree, as an added advantage.
- Have been a Chief Lecturer (COMPCASS) for at least three years with proven evidence of the following publications:
- 3 conference papers
- 3 journal articles or
- 3 book chapters, or 2 Text Books
- Evidence of current Registration with the National Library of Nigeria or any other relevant Professional Body
- Evidence of distinction/honours in ones field
- Evidence of community service
- Be proficient in ICT packages and their applications, particularly in virtual library and must command respect and enjoy the confidence of colleagues;
- Evidence of strong administrative leadership, initiative and creativity in policy formulation, good industrial human relations and positive managerial attributes;
- Be objective, fair minded, impartial and of proven integrity.
Duration of Tenure
- Conditions of service are as contained in the current edition of the Schemes and Conditions of Service for Federal Colleges of Education in Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
- The tenure for the appointment is five (5) years from the date of appointment and may be reappointed for a further period of 5 years and no more, subject to good performance.
1st July, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit 20 copies of their applications typed in A4 sized quality paper and attach twenty (20) copies of their Curriculum Vitae (CV), giving the details in the following order:
- Full name with Surname underlined
- Date and place of birth
- State of Origin/Local Government Area
- Marital Status
- Current postal address (including Telephone No. and E-Mail address)
- Educational institutions attended with dates
- Academic professional bodies/Associations
- Previous employer(s) and posts held with dates
- Present Employment (including present status and salary)
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees who are to forward confidential reports on them. Such referees should be able to attest to the candidate's claims of administrative capacities as well as their characters.
All Applications should be enclosed in an envelope and marked "Application for College Librarian", addressed and sent to:
The Registrar/Secretary to Council,
Federal College of Education,
P.M.B 1038, Obudu,
Cross River State.
- Applicants shall attach to the application 20 copies each of their qualification, detailed CV/other relevant documents, 3 Referee reports (one of which must be from the Applicant's Provost/Registrar)
- All applications received after the deadline shall be rejected.
- Only applicants who meet the criteria for eligibility stated above shall be shortlisted and communicated to.