BSS Technical Skill Centre accredited by Federal Ministry of Works & Labour as Trade Test Center, City & Guild of London as programmes centre, NABTEB as programmes centre and a member of British Safety Council urgently requires an experienced Full Time Technical Engineering Manager to work in our Technical Skill Centre.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Engineering Manager
- To oversee the growth of our technical skill centre which involves: Automation, Mechatronics, Power & Utilities, Welding & Fabrication, Electrical & Instrumentation and Hardware repair.
- Train and develop Technical Engineering staff on professional grounds.
- Supervise and lead engineers, scientists and technicians who design machinery, plan and develop civil projects, and oversee production and quality control.
- Direct and coordinate production, operations, quality assurance, testing, or maintenance in industrial plants.
- Oversee the research and development of new products and procedures.
- Hire, train, and mentor other engineers and supporting staff.
- Write performance reviews and solve internal issues.
- Make detailed plans to accomplish goals.
- Analyze market demand and available resources.
- Review, approve, or modify product designs.
- Prepare budgets, bids, and contracts.
- Negotiate research contracts.
- Review and recommend contracts.
- Develop cost estimates.
- Draft proposals and reports for clients.
- Improve manufacturing processes and advance scientific research.
- Check technical accuracy of work.
- Establish administrative policies, procedures, and standards.
- Coordinate activities of unit with other units or organizations.
- Confer with higher levels of management.
- Candidates must possess a BSc/HND in Electrical Engineering from any recognized University or Technical institution with option in automation & Power
- Certificate from City & Guild of London, National Business and Technical Education Board (NABTEB) Certificate would be an added advantage
- A registered member of National Association of Technological Engineers (NATE) would also be an added advantage.
- Must have worked in the electrical engineering department in a reputable technical college or its equivalent as a technical manager
- Must have an in depth understanding on how to manage a technical training centre.
- Must be honest, God fearing and diligent at work
- Experience of managing effectively and providing a stimulating environment for learning and teaching to motivate, inspire and challenge Students.
- Ability to design, deliver, assess and revise teaching programmes.
- Experience and success in developing new approaches to learning and teaching methods.
- Must have a proven track record of contributing to the overall success of own and wider academic departments.
- Must have at least 2 – 5 Years of post-qualification experience in managing a technical training centre, teaching, research and academic administration
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have strong public speaking skills.
- Must be detail oriented and mechanically inclined.
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment problems and perform complex system tests
- Creative thinking skills
- Detail-oriented personality
- Excellent manual dexterity
- Only qualified and knowledgeable candidates on this field should apply
Application Closing Date
- 2 – 5 Years in similar job with a credible portfolio.
- The candidate must reside in Lagos.
27th May, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to:
Human Resource Manager,
Bss Technical Skill Centre,
5, Mercy Eneli Street, Off Adelabu Street,
Masha Surulere - Lagos State.
Email: [email protected]