Page International Financial Services Limited is an innovative retail finance institution (Licensed by Central Bank of Nigeria) in Nigeria. Page Financials provides quick loans, investment and other financial services through our various channels including internet and mobile app platforms. Our outstanding products and services are created to suit the financial requirements of our diverse clientele.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Transaction Centre
Reports To: Head, Finance
Essential Job Functions
- The Head Transaction Unit is accountable for transactions related to salary payment; Debit and Credit card retract, authorizing Remita transactions, uploading and transferring of funds, coordinating and overseeing Transaction Center.
- To establish and maintain appropriate management of treasury liquidity position of the company at every point in time
- Demonstrate a high-level understanding of direct debit collection systems
- To ensure that loan accounts and customer repayments position is reconciled at the end of the month
- To coordinate instant transfers to various company bank account to meet disbursement needs
- Ensure accurate and timely processing and reconciliation of all general ledger accounts
- Analysis of cash flow utilization levels to ensure they meet short- and long-term operating needs.
- Coordinating cheque processing presentation and Management
- Card Operations- Account Services, Reconciliation of the Bank’s debit card activities
- Preparation of month end report for Executive Management on outcomes from the transaction center including recommendations to improve
- Develop and manage a team of well-trained, focused and motivated Banking Services staff
- Minimum second-class lower division university degree in business, finance or equivalent
- Additional qualification such as Master’s degree or finance related certification would be an added advantage
Competencies and Experience:
Application Closing Date
- Candidate must have related educational qualification, Master’s degree or finance related certification would be an added advantage
- At least 7 years’ experience with the operations unit Financial services institution
- At least 4 years’ work experience in a supervisory role
- Excellent analytical and interpretational skills
- Excellent planning, organisation and execution skills
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Negotiation and influencing skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected]
and attach a CV.