Nextzon Business Services Limited - Our client, a payment gateway solution provider with it headquarter in Abuja, Nigeria with a desire to scale up its services is seeking credible and experienced personnels to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Compliance Manager
Reports to: Head Risk Management & Compliance
- To conduct reviews of all operating procedures, company controls and compliance measures to determine any potential hazards or breaches of conduct.
- Key responsibilities of the unit include identifying and managing internal and external risks, regulatory compliance that pertains to the Fintech Industry, support strategic business decisions that will track financial transactions better, manage performance and control data, compliance, operations and disclosures, etc.
- Managing the day-to-day compliance monitoring and investigation activity in the team.
- Working closely with the Head Risk & Compliance to build an effective and integrated compliance team.
- Providing coaching and mentoring to staff undertaking compliance and enforcement activities and identify training gaps and interventions to enhance the unit’s capability.
- Coordinating and /or leading cross-unit, inter-regional or cross-agency teams on specific operations / workstreams.
- Being a leading subject-matter and technical expert, applying high-level analytical and investigative skills and specialist expertise to support decision making.
- Providing robust advice and technical expertise to support effective strategic and business planning.
- Ensuring effective communications occur both vertically and horizontally within the team.
Work Program Management:
- Maintaining an up-to-date understanding of the purpose and outcomes of the unit’s functions.
- Contributing to the development of the unit’s strategy and outcomes.
- Working closely with the Head of Department to co-ordinate the development of the team’s work programmes and operational practices, ensuring they reflect department’s strategy and are deliverable within the available resources.
- Planning and managing day-to-day activities and projects, organising tasks to make the best use of time and resources, and focusing on key objectives and outcomes.
- Contributing to ensuring that the unit’s policies and procedures reflect the intent of regulation, and represent current best practice.
Compliance Monitoring & Analysis:
- Undertaking reviews of reporting entities including analysing annual reports and other documentation and undertaking site visits where necessary to assess compliance in accordance with relevant procedures.
- Producing compliance monitoring reports with appropriate recommendations, in accordance with relevant performance indicators.
- Contributing to the identification, collection and sharing of intelligence related to people, events and organisations in the regulated sector and help ensure that staff actively collect, collate and disseminate intelligence related information within the team, across regulatory services, and where relevant to other regulatory and law enforcement agencies.
- Assessing complaints, intelligence and compliance monitoring information and making recommendations on whether investigations are required.
- Carrying out investigations, or assisting the Investigations Unit, in accordance with relevant
- processes and performance indicators.
- Participating in and /or leading cross-agency and cross-functional investigations.
Enforcement Action and Prosecution:
- Making informed recommendations resulting in effective and proportionate interventions to address non-compliance.
- Completing any sanction actions initiated in accordance with relevant processes and performance indicators.
- Preparing quality prosecution and other court files in accordance with agreed templates, guidelines and timelines.
Relationship Management & Communications:
- Building effective relationships within the sector and with other stakeholders, such as industry groups and business consultants, to appropriately influence compliance.
- Building effective working relationships with management and staff within the Risk & Compliance department, across the wider regulatory services group and with key partner agencies, in order to share information and contribute to a coordinated and consistent approach to the Anti Money Laundering (AML) regulations.
- Preparing and delivering formal presentations to sector groups and actively take opportunities for informal education of reporting entities.
- Providing sound and lawful advice and information across all regulated sectors.
- Actively working to understand diverse business practices and cultures across a range of business sectors.
- Appropriately influencing reporting entities to develop effective risk-based compliance programmes within their businesses.
- Demonstrating sensitivity to business stakeholders where cultural differences or language barriers are present.
- Identifying and actively managing business risks, reporting on risk and escalating action where appropriate.
- Implementing effective problem-solving techniques to manage risk.
- Contributing to the risk profiling of reporting entities and the (AML) sector risk assessments.
- Participating in annual business and strategic planning processes.
- Using resources responsibly for the benefit of the company and the department.
- Participating in the department, unit and company’s development initiatives.
- Undertaking appropriate professional development; maintain currency of professional expertise in order to maintain or build credibility.
- Undertaking other tasks that the department may reasonably require
- Contributing to the promotion and effective implementation of changes to policy and procedure for the benefit of the department.
Qualification & Experience
- Stakeholders (internal and external)
- Government (all tiers of government)
- Regulatory agencies
- 1st and 2nd Degree in Commerce, Accounting/Finance or related disciplines
- Membership for Institute of Internal Auditors or Internationally Recognised professional body.
- 8 years’ experience in similar role.
- Reliability, honesty, integrity and trust.
- Experience with a Governance, Risk, and Compliance system (GRC) tool strongly preferred
Application Closing Date
- Proven experience as compliance manager
- In-depth knowledge of the industry’s standards and regulations
- Excellent knowledge of reporting procedures and record keeping
- A business acumen partnered with a dedication to legality
- Methodical and diligent with outstanding planning abilities
- An analytical mind able to “see” the complexities of procedures and regulations
- Excellent communication skills
- Age range: 30 years and above
- Gender: Not specific. Qualified women are encouraged to apply
- Nationality: Must be a Nigerian
31st May, 2019
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Successful candidates will be contacted within 2 weeks of application.