Nextzon Business Services Limited - Our client, a payment gateway solution provider with it headquarter in Abuja, Nigeria with a desire to scale up its services is seeking credible and experienced personnel to fill the role below:
Job Title: Assurance Manager
Unit: Risk and Compliance Management
Reports to: Head Risk Management & Compliance
- Key responsibilities of the unit include identifying and managing internal and external risks, regulatory compliance that pertains to the Fintech Industry, support strategic business decisions that will track financial transactions better, manage performance and control data, compliance, operations and disclosures, etc.
Business Continuity Management:
- Contributing to the development and maintenance of the company’s business continuity management program including: development of tools and instructional guides.
- Continuity planning and event management, development and facilitation of the company’s event exercises, relationship management with external vendors, development of corporate policy, standards, and guidelines.
- Contributing to establishing and maintaining program processes and practices which effectively ensure that the company’s program remains current, and aligns with industry standards and practices as appropriate, and adequately covers general regulatory requirements.
- Participating as an independent business continuity professional in support of various other initiatives to achieve the risk management objectives.
- Implementing and maintaining of quality assurance processes and ensures compliance with the established standards. Also implementing necessary changes in controlled documents for quality control measures.
- Managing corrective actions as well as preventative actions, but with emphasis on root cause analyses in order to ensure that the software/product issues are deterred from recurring once they are resolved.
- Identification and reporting of bugs, issues, and defects in the company’s software.
- Developing analytical reports, any changes in quality assurance processes, and any reports and recommendations for software/product management.
- Participating in business process changes that may affect the company’s ability to identify, monitor or collect revenue (e.g., new system implementations/upgrades, new product roll outs, etc.)
- Continuously working to understand and mitigate losses to ensure the highest levels of revenue recognition.
- Maintaining in-depth understanding of industry trends relative to revenue assurance practices. Promote quality assurance for all processes impacting revenue.
- Partnering with Operations and other departments to design, develop and implement best practices to minimize revenue leakage.
- Performing regular reconciliation and analysis of revenue streams
- Monitoring collection processes for accuracy
- Reconciling activity between network elements and billing
- Creating queries and reports to support ongoing monitoring of initiatives as well as ad-hoc reports as required.
- Developing key recovery metrics
- Performing data manipulation and analysis using tools such as Business Objects, SQL and MS-Access
- Understanding and aggregating revenue assurance activities across the business and ensure they are working effectively.
Investigation & Internal Fraud:
- Conducting objective, fair, thorough, unbiased and timely investigations into allegations of fraud, waste or abuse committed by clients against the company and vice versa.
- Reviewing and researching evidence/documents to analyse the overall fact pattern of claim and synthesize data into a professional report with recommendations.
- Preparing and coordinating field assignments to obtain relevant evidence and information.
- Coordinating with defence attorneys to provide deposition strategies and use law enforcement resources for assistance.
- Managing a large and varied case load effectively and efficiently to achieve positive results.
- Preparing prosecution packages and restitution proposals
Qualification & Experience (at a minimum)
- Stakeholders (internal and external)
- Government (all tiers of government)
- Regulatory agencies
- 1st & 2nd degree in Computer Science, or any related discipline.
- Recognised ICT certifications will be preferred.
- 8 years of cumulative relevant experience in risk management/compliance/Audit role with good understanding of all aspects of Operational Risk Management within a financial technology environment.
- Notable level familiarity with various IT platforms, operating systems and information security.
- Strong project management and planning skills
- Ability to write advanced SQL and analyse large data sets
- Strong PC software application skills including spreadsheets, databases, word processing and presentation software
- Advanced level experience in developing business objects reports
- Experience in terms of assisting with the development and/or improvement of IT audit methodologies.
- Age range: 30 years and above
- Gender: Not specific. Qualified women are encouraged to apply
- Nationality: Must be a Nigerian
Application Closing Date
- Excellent technical skills
- Good numerical skills and an understanding of statistics
- Leadership skills
- Planning and organisation skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Teamworking skills
- IT skills.
- Independent self-starter and flexible team player
31st May, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Successful candidates will be contacted within 2 weeks of application