Nextzon Business Services Limited - Our client, a payment gateway solution provider with it headquarter in Abuja, Nigeria with a desire to scale up its services is seeking credible and experienced personnels to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Compliance Officer
Reports to: Team Lead - Compliance Unit
- Key responsibilities of the unit include identifying and managing internal and external risks, regulatory compliance that pertains to the Fintech Industry, support strategic business decisions that will track financial transactions better, manage performance and control data, compliance, operations and disclosures, etc.
- Helping to design and implement a robust and efficient compliance framework in accordance with local regulations and policies
- Acting as the liaison officer for all compliance-related matters for management, external authorities and all stakeholders of the business
- Supporting and advise the business specifically in the operation of a fund management function
- Assessing the impact of new and change in policies on the company and its clients
- Performing stringent due diligence and KYC on new clients
- Preparing and present reports to management, outlining weaknesses and providing follow-up solutions.
- Surveying and interpreting the regulatory, legal and broader risk landscape, both domestically and internationally.
- Being the ultimate point of escalation for Anti Money Laundering issues.
- Working with other heads of units across the business to establish and execute a world-class compliance framework, monitoring and training programme.
- Monitoring, testing and reporting on the effectiveness of the programme.
- Constantly driving for improvement in efficiency and risk management.
- Championing and driving adoption of industry standard certifications, where appropriate.
Qualification & Experience
- Stakeholders (internal and external)
- Government (all tiers of government)
- Regulatory agencies
- 1st and 2nd Degree in Law/ Accounting/Finance or related disciplines
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience within Compliance roles.
- Strong understanding of the local regulatory regime.
- Independent, self-starter with excellent stakeholder management.
- Reliability, honesty, integrity and trust.
- Well-developed literacy skills and ability to interpret and communicate complex technical information clearly and concisely, orally and in writing;
- Ability to demonstrate capability for strategic thinking;
- Ability to manage complex information and use initiative to improve performance by identifying and solving problems and issues;
- Strong focus on and diligence about accuracy and detail;
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise effectively;
- High integrity with a strong focus on confidentiality;
- Sound analytical skills – identifying problems, analysing a range of requirements, developing options and formulating recommendations;
- Ability to constructively challenge and influence others to affect change where needed;
- Ability to balance regulatory and legal requirements with the day-to-day needs of the company to ensure robust and safe systems and effective risk management and compliance.
- Ability to understand the whole business processes of the company.
Application Closing Date
- Age range: 30 years and above
- Gender: Not specific. Qualified women are encouraged to apply
- Nationality: Must be a Nigerian
31st May, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Only Successful candidates will be contacted within 2 weeks of application