Nextzon Business Services Limited - Our Client, a payment gateway solution provider with it headquarter in Abuja, Nigeria with a desire to scale up its services, is seeking credible and experienced personnel to fill the position below in its Risk and Compliance Management unit:
Job Title: Internal Control Officer
Reports to: Team Lead - Internal Control Unit
Depart/Unit: Risk and Compliance Management
- Key responsibilities of the unit include identifying and managing internal and external risks, regulatory compliance that pertains to the Fintech Industry, support strategic business decisions that will track financial transactions better, manage performance and control data, compliance, operations and disclosures, etc.
- To conduct evaluations of the organization to assess risk and compliance with regulations
- Evaluating policies and procedures, providing an analysis and recommending mitigation strategies as necessary.
- Research and discern applicable legal and regulatory changes and assess the impact to the existing company policies and procedures.
- Researching and evaluating proposed policy/procedure changes and recommendations to determine appropriateness. Also assessing the impact to the current and future company operations and/or policies and recommend mitigation strategies if gaps are identified.
- Participating in regular risk assessments during each iteration of a policy and procedure review
- Ensure that policies and procedures:
- Are clear and concise
- Accurately reflect current operational guidelines and compliance requirements
- Adhere to style guide standards
- Are appropriately approved
- Are completed and published in a timely manner
- Revising existing policies and procedures as well as develop new policies and procedures.
- Drafting thorough, clear, and logical documentation, providing operational consistency among the company’s stakeholders minimizing company’s exposure to risk.
- Producing written documentation that meets department style standards.
- Delivering on documentations that addresses the full scope of the business request.
- Creating documents in a timely manner to meet established deadlines.
- Following the policy lifecycle process to ensure approval for all policies/procedures prior to publication.
- Liaising with the Compliance, Legal, Audit, and other stakeholders to obtain feedback on policy/procedure development and revisions.
- Facilitating resolution of stakeholder’s differences as necessary
- Reporting on the status of open assignments
- Understanding current business processes and develop a working knowledge to meet business needs.
- Maintaining exceptions, controls, policies, standards, and procedures in the Governance, Risk, and Compliance system.
- Assisting with special projects as assigned
- Other duties as assigned.
- Stakeholders (internal and external)
- Government (all tiers of government)
- Regulatory agencies Community
Qualifications & Experience (at a minimum):
- 1st and 2nd Degree in Commerce, Accounting/Finance or related disciplines
- Membership for Institute of Internal Auditors or Internationally Recognised professional body.
- 4 years’ experience in similar role.
- Reliability, honesty, integrity and trust.
- Ability to perform quantitative analysis to quickly identify key findings
- Knowledge of general Compliance and conversant with Internal Audit, Finance, and industry terminologies.
- Ability to critically review policies in the broad context of the overall business, including an evaluation of risk/reward trade-offs, and the ability to anticipate future issues.
- Ability to work independently and make sound decisions while meeting time sensitive deadlines
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships through strong interpersonal skills.
- Effective time management skills.
- Effective reasoning strategies to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to gain consensus among disparate groups.
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of employee and company information.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook, and SharePoint.
- Ability to run basic queries in databases such as Microsoft Access, Cognos, or Oracle Discoverer.
Application Closing Date
- Age range: 30 years and above
- Gender: Not specific. Qualified women are encouraged to apply
- Nationality: Must be a Nigerian
31st May, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Only Successful candidates will be contacted within 2 weeks of application.