Total is the fifth largest publicly-traded integrated oil and gas company in the world, with 100,000 employees in more than 130 countries worldwide. Our size and performance rank us as one of the top five global oil companies. "We are among the majors that invest the most in exploration. More importantly, our teams are highly motivated. They have a real pioneering spirit we must keep cultivating!".
We are currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Buyer
Offer ID: 18388BR
: Lagos-EKO1 TWR(NGA)
Employment type: Regular position
Métier: Procurement General Responsibilities, Procurement Process, Procurement Support, Freight Forwarding&MaterialsMgt
Branch: Exploration and Production
- Ensure constant alignment with HSE Company rules, procedures and legislation
- Ensure compliance of the purchasing process with all Company’s rules and all applicable regulations
- Give special attention to safety material in order to ensure all safety requirements such as testing, certifications, identifications, etc. are fully complied
- Ensure the application of Company General Terms and Conditions for purchase of equipment
- Ensure the good administration and filing of all purchasing documents and ensure that all approvals, justifications, circulation forms, etc are filed in line with the applicable procedures
- Participate in the improvement of purchasing practices, procedures & reference documentation
- Maintains adequate follow-up with Duets in the user departments served
- Issue Recommendation To Award (RTAs) and participate to evaluating suppliers with Métier Partners
- Contribute to reporting key performance indicators
- Analyze all Purchase Requisitions (PR) for adequate material specification, budget authorizations and cost centers to which the purchases are being charged
- Review all PRs and Group requisitions to reduce process costs, compile tender packages and organize call for tender / request for quotation
- Ensure the use of e-sourcing tools
- Study, compare and evaluate offers in order to have the most economical and contractual advantageous conditions with a view to achieving savings for the Company
- Ensure attention to Company’s General Conditions and terms of purchase to avoid legal liabilities
- Organize and lead negotiations with suppliers associated with award and performance of Purchase Orders
- Ensure the QA/QC requirements are clearly stated in purchase orders
- Ensure the follow-up of purchase orders until complete reception of materials, avoiding / clarifying discrepancies and ensuring payment
- Input all purchase data in SAP
- Minimum of 2.1 Bachelor's degree in Science, Engineering, Business Management or Social Sciences
- 1 - 5 years’ experience, preferably with good knowledge of Purchasing and Supply Chain
- Ability to use market intelligence information, cost models, target prices, etc
- Knowledge of global procurement and logistics practices
- Ability to prepare commercial bid evaluations and provide purchase recommendations
- Good command of English language and excellent communication skills
- Demonstrable general knowledge and understanding of commercial, legal and insurance issues related to purchasing in general.
- Membership of relevant professional bodies in the Supply Chain and in Operational functions will be an added advantage
- Knowledge across all the disciplines of Supply Chain Management will be an added advantage
Experience level required:
Application Closing Date
4th June, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here To Start Application
Visit our website at www.careers.total.com
for detailed information and how to apply.
Tips for navigating the website:
- If the page defaults in French, click on “English” at the top of the page to change the language.
- On the navigation bar Click "APPLY TO TOTAL"
- Navigate to 'Our offers' and ‘select’ your language preference
- Click on ‘Advanced Search'.
- In the ‘Country’ text box type and select ‘Nigeria’
- Scroll down and click on ‘Search’ to display list of jobs in Nigeria
- Select your job preference to view details of the job
- Click on ‘Apply to job’ to complete an online application form
- You will be requested to create an account if you do not have an existing one. This is mandatory.
- Please fill the form accordingly.
- It is compulsory to attach your CV where it is required in the application form. Your CV must include the following details in the order listed:
- Name, first name, other names (where applicable)
- Date of birth
- Contact address stipulating road/street number(s) only
- Functional email address. Please Note: ALL communication will be by email Only
- State of origin
- Details of tertiary education: institution, degree obtained, class of degree, period of study
- Details of secondary education: institution, certificate, period of study
- Details of primary education: institution, certificate, period of study.
- Upon submission of your application, you will receive an email from our team for further action. Please follow the instruction to complete your application.
- Only completed applications will be processed
- We will enter into correspondence with only shortlisted applicants
- Applicants are hereby advised to submit only one application as multiple applications may result in disqualification
- TEPNG will not take responsibility for any careers/job vacancies placed outside this advert