Total is the fifth largest publicly-traded integrated oil and gas company in the world, with 100,000 employees in more than 130 countries worldwide. Our size and performance rank us as one of the top five global oil companies. "We are among the majors that invest the most in exploration. More importantly, our teams are highly motivated. They have a real pioneering spirit we must keep cultivating!".
We are currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Safety Operations Support Engineer
Offer ID: 18396BR
Métier: H3SEQGenResponsibil/Polyval, Safety, Environment, Quality, Societal, Health-Hygiene
Employment type: Regular position
- Ensure Operational HSE procedures are understood and applied in all activities, including Field Operations, drilling, technical logistics, geosciences, administration etc.
- Provide HSE support during risk assessment of critical interface activities and HSE management of major operations
- Participate in the review of Simultaneous Operations (SIMPOS) dossier and approvals before issuance
- Lead the implementation of the Company’s HSE Management System at operational sites
- Ensure timely and systematic reporting and follow up of safety operations
- Provide advisory services in the management of all aspects of operational safety and standards
- Ensure implementation and participation in incident/accident investigations
- Conduct periodic review of HSE performance to meet Company’s KPIs
- Assist in the audit and report development of operational safety procedures and HSE Management System of key contractors in liaison with HSE Engineers in user departments
- Develop, implement and follow up on HSE initiatives and processes
- Follow up on Safety & Environment Critical Elements (SECEs)
- Participate in the review and update of Company’s safety operations procedures
- Participate in Contract & Procurement Control Committee meetings when required
- Participate in HSE Sub-Committee budget governance meetings and partners’ governance meetings when required
- Contribute to the improvement of the implementation of the Company’s HSE Management Systems
- Facilitate HSE trainings when required.
- B.Eng or B.Sc degree in any Engineering field (MSc. degree or similar is an added advantage)
- 3 -10 years’ work experience, of which 2 years is in an equivalent position in the oil and gas E&P industry
- Recognised expertise level in oil & gas industry (process, exploitation or HSE Management System)
- Good experience in risk assessment and management of deep water critical oil and gas operations
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
- Strong experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
- Competent knowledge of Loss Prevention standards and procedures
- Proven competencies in the following areas: audits, investigation,
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Team player and strong interpersonal skills
Experience level required:
Application Closing Date
- 3 - 6 years, 6 - 10 years
4th June, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here To Start Application
Visit our website at www.careers.total.com
for detailed information and how to apply.
Tips for navigating the website:
- If the page defaults in French, click on “English” at the top of the page to change the language.
- On the navigation bar Click "APPLY TO TOTAL"
- Navigate to 'Our offers' and ‘select’ your language preference
- Click on ‘Advanced Search'.
- In the ‘Country’ text box type and select ‘Nigeria’
- Scroll down and click on ‘Search’ to display list of jobs in Nigeria
- Select your job preference to view details of the job
- Click on ‘Apply to job’ to complete an online application form
- You will be requested to create an account if you do not have an existing one. This is mandatory.
- Please fill the form accordingly.
- It is compulsory to attach your CV where it is required in the application form. Your CV must include the following details in the order listed:
- Name, first name, other names (where applicable)
- Date of birth
- Contact address stipulating road/street number(s) only
- Functional email address. Please Note: ALL communication will be by email Only
- State of origin
- Details of tertiary education: institution, degree obtained, class of degree, period of study
- Details of secondary education: institution, certificate, period of study
- Details of primary education: institution, certificate, period of study.
- Upon submission of your application, you will receive an email from our team for further action. Please follow the instruction to complete your application.
- Only completed applications will be processed
- We will enter into correspondence with only shortlisted applicants
- Applicants are hereby advised to submit only one application as multiple applications may result in disqualification
- TEPNG will not take responsibility for any careers/job vacancies placed outside this advert