Total is the fifth largest publicly-traded integrated oil and gas company in the world, with 100,000 employees in more than 130 countries worldwide. Our size and performance rank us as one of the top five global oil companies. "We are among the majors that invest the most in exploration. More importantly, our teams are highly motivated. They have a real pioneering spirit we must keep cultivating!".
We are currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Geophysicst - Exploration
Offer ID: 18405BR
Employment type: Regular position
Branch: Exploration and Production
- Carry out analysis, interpretation and synthesis of geophysical data
- Guarantee the reliability of results inferred from geophysical data
- Perform quality control of all the data used as input in interpretation
- Conceive, share new evaluation tools and guarantee communication in integrated teams
- Guarantee, with the assistance of the group’s geophysics experts, the acquisition and processing of pertinent data
- Ensure the archiving of acquired information (reports, filing, etc)
- Participate actively/lead a mono or pluri-disciplinary projects and ensure compliance to internal exploration review processes.
- Ensure the delivery of planned studies within the expected duration and budgets
- Maintain 2G regional knowledge and take part in field evaluations in the framework of data rooms etc.
- Participate in the internal well approval processes and follow up well drilling operations.
- Contribute to the definition of the main technical trends in geophysics
- Compliance with Company Rules defined for geosciences discipline regarding patrimonial data protection
Application Closing Date
- M.Sc. in Geophysics or Geology
- 10 – 15 years in interpretation geophysics leading to exploration / appraisal activities
- Skilled in the use of petrophysical and velocity data.
- Proficiency in the acquisition, data processing, and interpretation of all geophysical techniques for engineering and environmental applications
- Must have up to date knowledge of technological developments, industry initiatives, etc.
- Proven track record of data processing and interpretation
- Must be a good listener, team player, have the ability to influence and be an excellent communicator with cross-functional understanding
- Must have the ability to provide technical leadership
4th June, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here To Start Application
Visit our website at www.careers.total.com
for detailed information and how to apply.
Tips for navigating the website:
- If the page defaults in French, click on “English” at the top of the page to change the language.
- On the navigation bar Click "APPLY TO TOTAL"
- Navigate to 'Our offers' and ‘select’ your language preference
- Click on ‘Advanced Search'.
- In the ‘Country’ text box type and select ‘Nigeria’
- Scroll down and click on ‘Search’ to display list of jobs in Nigeria
- Select your job preference to view details of the job
- Click on ‘Apply to job’ to complete an online application form
- You will be requested to create an account if you do not have an existing one. This is mandatory.
- Please fill the form accordingly.
- It is compulsory to attach your CV where it is required in the application form. Your CV must include the following details in the order listed:
- Name, first name, other names (where applicable)
- Date of birth
- Contact address stipulating road/street number(s) only
- Functional email address. Please Note: ALL communication will be by email Only
- State of origin
- Details of tertiary education: institution, degree obtained, class of degree, period of study
- Details of secondary education: institution, certificate, period of study
- Details of primary education: institution, certificate, period of study.
- Upon submission of your application, you will receive an email from our team for further action. Please follow the instruction to complete your application.
- Only completed applications will be processed
- We will enter into correspondence with only shortlisted applicants
- Applicants are hereby advised to submit only one application as multiple applications may result in disqualification
- TEPNG will not take responsibility for any careers/job vacancies placed outside this advert