Total is the fifth largest publicly-traded integrated oil and gas company in the world, with 100,000 employees in more than 130 countries worldwide. Our size and performance rank us as one of the top five global oil companies. "We are among the majors that invest the most in exploration. More importantly, our teams are highly motivated. They have a real pioneering spirit we must keep cultivating!".
We are currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Buyer
Offer ID: 18402BR
Métier: Procurement General Responsibilities, Procurement Process, Procurement Support, FreightForwarding&MaterialsMgt
Employment type: Regular position
Branch: Exploration and Production
- Ensure alignment with Company HSE rules, procedures, Instructions and applicable legislation
- Ensure compliance of the purchasing process with Company rules and all applicable laws and regulation
- Ensure the application of Company’s General Terms and Conditions for purchase of equipment
- Ensure good administration, filling and filing of all the purchasing documents and approvals in line with the applicable procedures
- Ensure that all purchasing activities meet audit requirements to minimize/eliminate any potential partner/audit claims or court actions
- Prepare Contract Committee documents and participate with Métier Partners for the presentation of Recommendation To Award (RTAs)
- Interface with requesters and communicate the E&P supply chain fundamentals
- Work in Duet with one or several Métier Partners and ensure efficiency of Duets/Triplets
- Follow-up, analyze and evaluate suppliers with Métier Partners
- Contribute to reporting Key Performance Indicators for purchasing activities
- Participate to the good use of e-sourcing tools
- Identify or participate to best practices, propose improvements to the Head of Purchasing
- Utilize Frame Agreements
- Handle Purchases in the Lab Office designated to him through Purchase Requisition (PR) assignment
- Analyze all PRs for adequate material specification, budget authorisations and cost centers to which the purchases are being charged
- Review all PRs assigned and Group requisitions to reduce process costs, compile tender packages and organize call for tender / request for quotation, ensuring the use of e-sourcing tools
- Answer to tenderers requests for clarification
- Study, compare and evaluate offers in order to have the most economical and contractual advantageous conditions with a view to making savings for the Company
- Adhere to Company’s General Conditions and terms of purchase to avoid legal liabilities
- Organize and lead negotiations with suppliers associated with award and performance of Purchase Orders
- Issue RTAs in Duet with Métier Partners
- Where applicable, to clearly state in purchase orders QA/QC requirements (in the form of Mill/Test Certificates, other certificates, etc)
- Ensure the follow-up of purchase orders until complete reception, avoiding/clarifying discrepancies between materials received and orders and ensuring payment
- Input all purchase data in SAP
Application Closing Date
- Minimum of 2.1 University degree in Science, Engineering, Business Management or Social Sciences discipline
- Minimum of 5 – 10 years relevant experience in Purchasing and Supply Chain preferably in Oil and Gas Industry
- Ability to use and enrich market intelligence information, cost models, target prices, etc
- Knowledgeable of purchasing/ supply chain best practices
- Membership of relevant professional bodies in the Supply Chain will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge across all the disciplines of Supply Chain Management will be an added advantage
- Good command of English language and excellent communication skills
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of commercial, legal and insurance issues affecting purchases and supply chain in general
- Ability to prepare commercial bid evaluations and provide purchase recommendations
4th June, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here To Start Application
Visit our website at www.careers.total.com
for detailed information and how to apply.
Tips for navigating the website:
- If the page defaults in French, click on “English” at the top of the page to change the language.
- On the navigation bar Click "APPLY TO TOTAL"
- Navigate to 'Our offers' and ‘select’ your language preference
- Click on ‘Advanced Search'.
- In the ‘Country’ text box type and select ‘Nigeria’
- Scroll down and click on ‘Search’ to display list of jobs in Nigeria
- Select your job preference to view details of the job
- Click on ‘Apply to job’ to complete an online application form
- You will be requested to create an account if you do not have an existing one. This is mandatory.
- Please fill the form accordingly.
- It is compulsory to attach your CV where it is required in the application form. Your CV must include the following details in the order listed:
- Name, first name, other names (where applicable)
- Date of birth
- Contact address stipulating road/street number(s) only
- Functional email address. Please Note: ALL communication will be by email Only
- State of origin
- Details of tertiary education: institution, degree obtained, class of degree, period of study
- Details of secondary education: institution, certificate, period of study
- Details of primary education: institution, certificate, period of study.
- Upon submission of your application, you will receive an email from our team for further action. Please follow the instruction to complete your application.
- Only completed applications will be processed
- We will enter into correspondence with only shortlisted applicants
- Applicants are hereby advised to submit only one application as multiple applications may result in disqualification
- TEPNG will not take responsibility for any careers/job vacancies placed outside this advert