Total is the fifth largest publicly-traded integrated oil and gas company in the world, with 100,000 employees in more than 130 countries worldwide. Our size and performance rank us as one of the top five global oil companies. "We are among the majors that invest the most in exploration. More importantly, our teams are highly motivated. They have a real pioneering spirit we must keep cultivating!".
We are currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Contracts Engineer
Offer ID: 18401BR
Métier: Procurement General Responsibilities, Procurement Process, Procurement Support, Freight Forwarding & Materials Mgt
Employment type: Regular position
Branch: Exploration and Production
- Ensure alignment with Company HSE rules, procedures and applicable legislation
- Verify that the Contractual Policies and applicable laws and regulations are adhered to, especially related to ethics and transparency
- Verify that procurement contracts and procedures comply with Company standards and the agreements with the partners
- Ensure the application and respect of the procedures in the tender process
- Liaise with Métier Partners and participate in the processes and communication of the contracts
- Work with the DUET counterpart to create the contracts dossier to develop and define contractual responsibilities including Validation of contracts strategy ,negotiation and analysis of commercial bids and participation in recommendations to award
- Adapt standard and template documents to local conditions
- Provide professional advice and guidance on contractual matters to contract owners
- Liaise with Contracts & Procurement Methods/Planning/Market and line Manager for timely reporting and statistics matters
- Stays abreast of contracts procedures best practices to provide improvement of contracts practices in the Company
- Use frame agreements
- Prepare and maintain an up-to-date list of qualified contractors/suppliers/potential tenders/contracts in order to perform market studies, analyze and assess all possible answers from the market
- Participate to the validation of the contracts strategy through:
- Arranging and attending contracts committee meetings, common recommendation with duet
- Pre-qualifying bidders
- Defining target prices
- Defining criteria for evaluation
- Establish Call-For-Tender (CFT) commercial documents, prepare and circulate the dossiers of pre-consultation and Standard/Complex invitations to bid
- Verify the Terms & Conditions (standard, general and financial)
- Conduct the Terms & Conditions bid analysis and negotiation for the best interest of the Company
- Conduct the commercial bid analysis and negotiation, creating a clear definition of responsibilities and documents together with the duet
- Lead in Recommendations to award through Contracts Committee and with common recommendation with duet
- Participate in the signing of documents after approval from authorities according to delegations
- Ensure that own contracts are created and managed in SAP, ensure effective use of tools and systems (NIPEX, Returns on Experience, etc.)
- Monitor contractor’s performance with Duet, make recommendations as necessary and maintain a network with Stakeholders (NAPIMS, NCD, DPR, etc.)
Application Closing Date
- Minimum of 2.1 Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Management, Sciences or Social Sciences discipline
- 1 - 5 years’ experience preferably in Contract administration and or Purchasing and Supply
- Knowledgeable in Contracts best practices
- Demonstrable general knowledge and understanding of commercial, legal and insurance issues related to purchasing and contracts in general
- Ability to use market intelligence information, cost models, target prices, etc.
- Ability to prepare commercial bid evaluations and provide purchase recommendations
- Good command of English language and excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills and Good interpersonal skills
- Membership of relevant professional bodies in the Supply Chain will be an added advantage
- Knowledge across all the disciplines of Supply Chain Management will be an added advantage
4th June, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here To Start Application
Visit our website at www.careers.total.com
for detailed information and how to apply.
Tips for navigating the website:
- If the page defaults in French, click on “English” at the top of the page to change the language.
- On the navigation bar Click "APPLY TO TOTAL"
- Navigate to 'Our offers' and ‘select’ your language preference
- Click on ‘Advanced Search'.
- In the ‘Country’ text box type and select ‘Nigeria’
- Scroll down and click on ‘Search’ to display list of jobs in Nigeria
- Select your job preference to view details of the job
- Click on ‘Apply to job’ to complete an online application form
- You will be requested to create an account if you do not have an existing one. This is mandatory.
- Please fill the form accordingly.
- It is compulsory to attach your CV where it is required in the application form. Your CV must include the following details in the order listed:
- Name, first name, other names (where applicable)
- Date of birth
- Contact address stipulating road/street number(s) only
- Functional email address. Please Note: ALL communication will be by email Only
- State of origin
- Details of tertiary education: institution, degree obtained, class of degree, period of study
- Details of secondary education: institution, certificate, period of study
- Details of primary education: institution, certificate, period of study.
- Upon submission of your application, you will receive an email from our team for further action. Please follow the instruction to complete your application.
- Only completed applications will be processed
- We will enter into correspondence with only shortlisted applicants
- Applicants are hereby advised to submit only one application as multiple applications may result in disqualification
- TEPNG will not take responsibility for any careers/job vacancies placed outside this advert