International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) - Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is a British charity that supports the safety of aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Driver
INSO Nigeria Country Office
- Since becoming registered in Nigeria, INSO has developed a strong country wide approach, supporting over 60 organisations working on Lake Chad Basin Crisis from all neighboring countries.
- The Coordination Office operates from Abuja overseeing two operational offices in Maiduguri (Nigeria) and in Maroua (Cameroon).
- Presently INSO is seeking an experienced individual to join our team as a Driver, to be based in Abuja, with possible travels inside Nigeria.
- The purpose of this position is to ensure the transportation of goods and persons safely to their destination.
- The Driver also provides support for basic administration management, such as procurement and purchases.
- This position reports to the INSO Logistics and Procurement Officer.
- The Driver position is a highly rewarding role offering a unique opportunity to work in a close-knit team giving support in relation to the provision of safety services to the NGO community.
- To operate INSO vehicles as directed by the Logistics and Procurement Officer
- To assist the Logistics and Procurement Officer in travel and fleet management
- To assist the Logistics and Procurement Officer in procurement process, including purchase, accommodation and travels
- At least 2 years' work experience as a driver
- Valid Driving License and existing ability to drive 4x4 vehicles with manual gear
- Basic knowledge of administrative processes
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Computer literate
- 2 years work experience in INGO as a driver
Key Personal Competencies:
Application Closing Date
- A good listener
- A good communicator
- Ability to prioritize and work with little supervision
- Team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Friday, 31st May, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to send the following below to: [email protected]
and ensure to reference 'INSO Driver - Nigeria' should be included in the subject line of your email:
- Cover letter (2 page max) - specifying how you meet the mandatory requirements, your motivation in applying and what you hope to bring to INSO.
- Up to date CV (4 pages max).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Please do not send any additional information (certificates, other writing samples, etc.) and keep the total size of your application under 2MB if possible.