KPMG Nigeria - Our client, a leading electricity distribution company in Nigeria with interest and focus on customer satisfaction seeks to fill the role of:
Job Title: Managing Director
Detailed Job Description
- The candidate will provide leadership to position and oversee the company’s operations to insure distribution efficiency, quality, service, and cost-effective management of resources.
- The job holder reports to the board of directors and will be responsible for developing strategic plan to advance the company’s mission and objectives to promote revenue, profitability and growth as an organization.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- As part of the board of directors, take full profit and loss responsibility.
- Develop and implement a growth focused strategy whilst improving systems and processes and creating operational efficiency.
- Ensure commercial returns with the remit to enhance turnover, profit and market share.
- Ensure the execution of day-to-day strategic / operational activities in line with the directives of the board of directors in order to secure maximum profitability
- Oversee the implementation of the strategy approved by the board and drive franchise wide strategic management processes e.g. company performance scorecard management, strategic reviews, strategic planning, best practice sharing etc.
- Continuously re-emphasize accountabilities and company objectives/ priorities
- Identify and prioritize issues/opportunities on an on-going basis and recommend strategies to the board of directors to drive shareholder value and the overall financial position of the company.
- Provide professional advice to the board of directors on current and future financial conditions and business needs
- Prepare impactful reports to drive decision-making activity for the executive team
- Direct growth across the business with a focus on maintaining commercial returns and ensuring that future markets are developed and resourced and twilight markets are exited in an appropriate manner
- Plan, develop, and implement strategies for generating resources and/or revenues for the company.
- Oversee Embedded Generation - Identify acquisition and merger opportunities and direct implementation activities.
- Approve company operational procedures, policies, and standards.
- Review activity reports and financial statements to determine progress and status in attaining objectives and revise objectives and plans in accordance with current conditions.
- Promote the company through written articles and personal appearances at conferences and on radio and TV.
- Represent the company at legislative sessions, committee meetings, and at formal functions.
- Present company report at Stakeholder and Board of Director meetings.
- To take the lead in shaping and maintaining the relationship with the Regulators/Regulating bodies
- To ensure the company meets its statutory, regulatory and stakeholder obligations and to minimize risk to the business and its stakeholders.
- To provide authoritative advice on relevant regulatory/legal laws and actively promote legal and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Application Closing Date
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business disciplines or any related field
- A master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting is required
- Advanced degree in Business or relevant energy - related program preferred
- Membership of a professional body in line with qualification/experience is required. â–ª Attendance of management / leadership development courses
- At least 25 years post qualification experience with significant experience in an energy related company.
- At least 10 years of experience in a leadership role for a large company
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online