MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Engineer, Performance Management Systems (Supervisory)
Employment status: Permanent
Department: Network Performance and Quality
- Responsible for the administration of mtnn performance monitoring tool maps. To ensure integrity of performance data coming from the nodes. Statistical analysis of network data. Vendor supplied planning applications and the maintenance, support and upgrades thereof.
- Provision of technical support on performance tools for daily operations. Vendor management to enable end to end support of the performance tool.
- To provide dashboards and reports to enable the business make accurate decisions.
- To support all the application components, providing performance related guidance and ensure mtnn is getting the best use out of the tools. The job also requires responsibility of the security of data and the infrastructures in which the applications are hosted.
- Broad knowledge base of applications and business processes for application support
- Good knowledge of structured query language (sql)
- User requirements analysis standards and methods
- User access levels for security administration
- Technical environment that influences application performance
- Company mission, policies and procedures
- GSM global standards for network performance and quality
- Develop a sound understanding of new/existing performance tools
- Review and assist in evaluating applications and solutions ensuring alignment with requirements and specifications
- Provide support and deliver query requests to/from performance tool users.
Experience & Training
- Normal mtnn working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Work within a multicultural, diverse and dynamic start-up environment.
- Additional working time and weekend work may be required.
- First degree in Electrical/Electronics or Computer Science or related discipline.
- Minimum of (3) years RF experience with a gsm or wireless telecomm operator
- Experience working in a multi-vendor network
- Application administration within the telecommunications sector
- Experience with Ericsson, huawei and zte equipment will be desirable
- Technical report writing experience & excel
- Strong big data and sql skills required.
Application Closing Date
- Training on network architecture
- Working knowledge of gsm and umts /lte network
- Training on vendor equipment and software
- Specific training on functional business processes.
30th May, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online