MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Manager, Merchandizing
- To formulate merchandising policies, procedures and coordinate merchandising activities among the different channels (wholesale, service centers, connects and business centres) and other distributors.
- Support the Shareholder return strategy by developing and implementing Sales & Distribution Processes that are aligned to achieving all elements on the business score card. (I.e. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions).
- Participate in the review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimisation, etc.), to drive efficiency gains to ensure at least 5% reduction in Divisional budget year-on-year.
- Take appropriate managerial action to ensure targets are met or exceeded when routinely monitored (sales, trend, and profitability analysis, profit margins, return on investment (ROI), market share and value).
- Serve the Division’s internal customers and provide solutions to improve the customer experience.
- Strategic Partnerships with MTNN leadership team to drive awareness on expected behaviours and impact on non-compliance on bottom line results and company image/reputation.
- Drive planned strategy for the successful delivery of MTN Group and MTNN transformation initiatives focusing on Customer centricity, including Perfect 10 Project.
- Drive an increase in MTNN’s Net Promoter Score.
- Network and build solid relationships with internal units and relevant third parties (e.g. strategic investors, technical and finance partners, business consultants etc.) and develop a close working relationship with relevant information sources to provide an integrated service.
- Maintain effective working relationships with internal and external suppliers.
- Establish, manage and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders and external partners and suppliers
- Oversee the design, development and implementation of hard, soft and SMGA merchandising elements and programs to support overall channel communication strategy.
- Develop and review continuously the asset tracker based solution to track visibility level vis-à-vis competitors and ensure development of unique look and feel for retail and wholesale channels.
- Monitor, measure effective usage of Merchandise and Visibility materials while ensuring optimal deployment of materials to the regions.
- Liaise with Marketing and other relevant department to proffer below-the-line materials for promotional activities and ensure visibility goals are achieved.
- Ensure adherence to cost efficiency and quality standards set in brand architecture guidelines within the trade.
- Evaluate systems and processes and prepare timely reports to Senior Management regarding appropriate policies, procedures and operating practices; as well as competitor activities.
- Ensure communication of timely and accurate instructions to POS warehouse and conduct periodic process management checks.
- Understand statutes and regulations related to business operations in Nigeria and the telecommunications sector.
- Identify the merchandising requirements within the different channels/potential points of sale (wholesale, Retail, service centers & connects, business centers) and coordinate the implementation of design, production, supply and deployment.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Coach and train the team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of set targets/requirements and regularly review their training needs.
- Review performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
Experience & Training
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- National travel May be required to work extended hours / weekends
- Minimum of 3 years post degree Fluent in English Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience in supervising/managing others Experience working in a medium to large organization Hands-on experience with budgeting, conceptual development, and displays is required.
- Experience in brand management, specialisng in Merchandising
- Experience with the launch of new products
Application Closing Date
- BA, BArch, BEd, BEng, BSc, BSc, BTech or HND.
31st May, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online