PACT Nigeria - At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Assistant
- This position is contingent on award of funding. The Program Assistant will provide support to the Program team with delivering project activities to state and local government partners and support the implementation of all the activities related to sustainable, reliable and affordable access to renewable energy under the coordination of the Program Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Pact seeks a Program Assistant for an anticipated project that aims to strengthen rural economic development and improve commercial viability of mini-grids through productive use of renewable energy in Nigeria.
- The program will pilot, refine, and position for scale-up a financing model that offers low-interest financing for energy efficient electrical appliances and equipment to households and micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSMEs).
- The program will provide support to MSME to identify new business opportunities and enhance existing enterprises through energy use. It will ensure inclusivity and will work to provide new opportunities for women to participate and benefit from the program interventions.
- Contribute to the development of technical training activities, including trainings on productive use of energy, enterprise development, business planning, low-interest community financing, etc.
- Assist in developing technical training activities, including trainings on productive use of energy, enterprise development, business planning, low-interest community financing, etc.
- Contribute to the elaboration of program activity and ensure the achievement of outputs in line with the approved work plan through the day-to-day planning and implementation of activities.
- Carry out detailed sector specific research as needed.
Program, Monitoring & Evaluation role:
- Support implementation of community engagement activities in collaboration with the program team.
- Assist with desk review of existing assessments reports, identify and fill information gaps.
- Support advocacy with community leaders to create an enabling environment to improve awareness on the benefits of use of energy efficient products.
- Support with organization of meetings with community leaders, community groups, women’s groups, trade associations and other relevant community segments to improve awareness of the financing model.
- Support training of stakeholders and partners, using BCC/IEC tools and materials developed for the project.
- Assist the monitoring and evaluation team and partners in program monitoring, evaluation and learning by:
- Assist in tracking of partner’s activities – by attending partner’s events;
- Assist partners on activity-level M&E efforts, ensuring quality, reliability, and consistency in data collection efforts using Project M&E templates;
- Contribute to the review of all partner deliverables and milestones;
- Assist in identifying lessons learned from project implementation and facilitate the incorporation of those lessons into the activity development cycle.
- Assist in developing and monitoring annual work plans and budgets, as well as associated deliverables and results/outputs.
Report Writing role:
- Assist with preparation and submission of timely and quality activity reports, including field notes and success stories, to effectively capture lessons learnt on the ground from the projects.
- Provide administrative support as needed.
- Other duties as may be required.
Application Closing Date
- BA/B.Sc. in Engineering, Demography, or other related field.
- At least two (2) years’ experience working with community groups on alternative energy sources.
- Good knowledge and understanding of green energy and energy issues in the developing country or emerging market context.
- Proven experience in advocacy and community mobilization.
- Excellent communication, and organizational skills; and ability to influence and facilitate advocacy agendas at LGA and State level.
- Understanding of local communities and cultures relevant to the state of interest and ability to communicate fluently in local language.
- Experience in social behavior change communication would be a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, or similar software.
- Well-organized, with ability to track multiple activities and deadlines.
- Experience in providing administrative support to work teams.
30th May, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected]