The Dangote Group is a diversified and fully integrated conglomerate with interests across a range of sectors in Nigeria and Africa. Current interests include Cement, Sugar, Flour, Salt, Pasta, Beverages, Noodles, Poly Products, Transportation and real estate with new initiatives in the Oil and Gas, Telecommunication, Fertilizer and Steel sector of the economy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Welder Technician
Organization: NASCON Allied Industries Pls
Employment Type: Full Time
- Work on metal components of various equipment such as pipelines, equipment parts, power-plants, or refineries. etc.
- Interpret blueprints, drawings, and measurements to plan layouts
- Weld small and large components such as copper plumbing. beams, and pipelines
- Use specialized machinery for industrial welding and oversee machines that perform the same job
- Maintain and repair all machinery -
- Assess welded surfaces, structures and components to identify errors
- Follow and enforce strict safety regulations such as wearing heat-resistant gloves, protective masks, and safety shoes
- Monitor machinery for appropriate usage and temperature
- Weld components in flat, vertical, and overhead positions
- Tig welding (stainless steel).
- SSCE or National Diploma or equivalent qualification
- A valid certificate in welding from an accredited institution is preferred
- A minimum of 5 years experience as a welder
- Excellent knowledge of welding machinery, electrical equipment, and manual tools
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and designs
- Outstanding attention to detail.
Application Closing Date
- Must be skilled in various welding processes including Metal Inert Gas (MIG) and Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG) and Flux Core
- Operate manual and robotic welding equipment
- Must be proficient in layout, tacking, welding, grinding and finishing
- Must be skilled in various welding processes including MlG and TIG and Flux Gore
- Strong understanding in blueprint reading) weld symbols to accurately build products to specified tolerances
- Must be able to work within a team-based environment to accomplish all aspects of welding and fabrication
- Knowledgeable in use of precision measuring instruments and the application of such instruments. Instruments should include but not limited to calipers, Inner Diameter (ID) and Outer
- Diameter (OD) micrometers, depth gages, indicators and scales
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
28th May, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter (with the position included in the subject line of your email) to: [email protected]