Fadac Resources and Services - Our client is one of the top quality security services in Nigeria. They lead the West African security solutions market, focus on delivering valued solutions across the industry’s value chain as the number one integrated safety and security solutions group.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Information Technology
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- The Head of Information Technology is responsible for conceptualising, developing and implementing ICT Strategy, systems, plans and policies
- The position holder will ensure that the company’ IT platform / infrastructure provides the framework, support and capabilities essential for superior service delivery.
- The Head, Information Technology will be responsible for ensuring IT strategy not only incorporates developing effective business solutions and services with the underlying infrastructure but that it helps the organisation in delivering appropriate technology enabled solutions.
- A key aspect of this role is the effective management of the company’s on-line help desk to support flawless IT service delivery capabilities.
- Conceptualize, develop strategy for and oversee the design and implementation of major systems initiatives; manage/oversee multiple, concurrent and often disparate tasks for projects involving innovative applications and dissimilar systems, as well as databases and highly complex system integration;
- Provide authoritative technical and policy advice to the management teams and strategic partners on systems development in a changing business environment and the implications of various alternatives, as well as on business applications and other related issues
- Identify and plan for future needs; develop and disseminate best practices;
Key Performance Indicators
- Developing innovative solutions to resolve intricate problems that impact critical areas of the Company’s work and ensure the development of standards, procedures and practices to secure a stable and effective systems environment;
- Leading and directing teams of information systems officers; planning and allocate work assignments
- Preparing and monitoring budget, work programme and spending plan;
- Ensuring the company’s computer and communication systems are properly maintained at all times
- Ensuring the adequacy of source code control
- Providing proactive and responsive support to end users
- Coordinating the company’s software development activities
- Facilitate business process reengineering initiatives ensuring appropriate integration with appropriate user departments / units
- Procurement of computer hardware / software as required
- Allocate and distribute IT resources company wide with regard to critical resource requirements of various department / units
- Disaster recovery management/ planning
- Eliminate / minimize downtime / disruptions to service delivery due to IT
- problems / issues
- Set up, control and oversee Help desk support services
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of subordinates.
- Effectiveness of IT infrastructure and deployment
- Downtime due to IT failure
- General IT framework / strategy
- Effectiveness of support of various company applications
- Responsiveness to user / software maintenance support
- Quality of disaster recovery procedures / contingency plan
- Quality of systems administration
- Level of source code protection
- Cost efficiency
Knowledge & Skills Required
- First Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other related area
- 8-10 years cognate work experience, 5 years of which must have been at Senior
- Management level in a reputable organization/Institution.
Application Closing Date
- Products Knowledge
- Systems Administration
- Hardware Systems
- Telecoms and Database Management
- Process Reengineering
- Process Management
- Analytical Thinking & Conceptualisation
- Budgeting & Budget Monitoring
- Leadership/ Supervisory
- Customer Focus/Service Orientation
- Oral and Written Communication
- PC Utilisation
- Project Management
- Total Quality Management
- Risk Management
- Relationship Management.
27th June, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV to: [email protected]
using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.