Fadac Resources and Services - Our client is one of the top quality security services in Nigeria. They lead the West African security solutions market, focus on delivering valued solutions across the industry’s value chain as the number one integrated safety and security solutions group.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Marketing
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- The Head, Marketing is the principal Marketing and Operations strategy execution and performance-monitoring executive in implementing and managing business activities, special projects and initiatives aimed at improving efficiency, as well as ensuring business growth and profitability over the long-term.
- The position incumbent is responsible for the delivery of day-to-day marketing, sales and supply chain activities, especially those around the procurement and/or production, supplies and distribution of the organisations (AVERT SBU) products and services.
- He/she is responsible for directing and coordinating activities consistent with established goals, objectives, and policies and in addition provides direction and structure for those specific departmental areas within the Company.
- Specific attention is given to effective leadership, the creation and retention of value, efficient processes and systems, quality assurance, environmental health & safety, fiscal discipline, compliance and controls and real time business performance monitoring.
- The creation of mutually beneficial business relationships/ partnerships, attainment of cross-company synergies across the businesses, work culture enhancement, ensuring effective internal communication and an environment of cordial industrial relations are also key deliverables.
- A key responsibility of the Head of Marketing is focused on ensuring the AVERT business takes full advantage of the opportunities created by the on-going security challenges in the country and West Africa region and the reaction of corporate bodies and individuals to these various threats through enhancement of their security architecture.
- The position holder will also ensure the company is strategically well placed to aggressively defend, and grow, its market share of, and profitability from, the various SBU product lines by understanding the nature of competition and anticipating competitor strategies/actions.
- Finally, the Head of Marketing represents the organisations interests in financial, operational and technical alliances, and in presentations and meetings related to the development, funding, promotion, delivery and evaluation of business strategies and projects within approved policy and authority limits. To this end the incumbent is expected to effectively manage the acquisition, use, maintenance and disposal of all key resources and assets, effectively manage project schedules and ensure rigorous adherence to approved annual operating budgets for functional areas within the defined scope of responsibility.
- Builds a high performing team of managers with thorough understanding and appreciation of the dynamics and business impacts of the growing opportunities in the security and allied space.
- Examines prevailing sector regulation and policies; formulates changes necessary to business approaches and internal processes to ensure full compliance with all relevant regulations, including EHS policies.
- Acts as chief advisor and strategist providing needed support to the CEO/MD, AVERT business unit, its general workforce with respect to the identification of business and operational risk, and the resolution of attendant issues.
- Communicates key information to stakeholders across the organisations Group as regards marketplace needs, the competitive environment, cost management and the provision of high quality customer-focused products and services; such information is obtained through effective relationships and interactions with various stakeholders within the business environment, and directly with customers, technical and operating partners etc.
- Provides management oversight for the development of high quality, cost effective and integrated marketing, sales, supply chain and operational management programs.
- Expands outreach activities and referral networks to ensure effective technical/operating partnerships and alliances are forged which will facilitate the Company’s growth as a marketing Company delivering high quality products within time and cost specifications, while conforming to laid down regulations and safety standards.
- Ensures the Company maintains a strong profile as a socially responsible corporate citizen; drives the execution of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programs and events.
Key Performance Indicators
- Ensures the effective integration of corporate and functional business plans with day-to-day operations and in so doing regularly interfaces with individual operating entities within the organisations Group to determine areas of mutual collaboration towards the achievement of Group objectives.
- Develops and fosters effective collaboration between the various functional areas/departments within the Company, and between individual members of staff (within AVERT SBU and other Companies in the Group) to ensure an integrated approach to providing high quality products and services to customers.
- Maintains overall responsibility for the development of comprehensive Marketing, Sales and Supply Chain Management strategies; works with functional heads to develop effective business plans, supporting budgets and resource deployment & management programs for enabling business activities.
- Monitors business performance scorecards and budgets to ensure targeted revenue and expenditure profiles are maintained at all times; pulls triggers when necessary to ensure the business is always on course to attaining set EBITDA, ROCE, ROI and PBT etc. targets; co-ordinates the periodic business performance monitoring and reporting activities of the sales and marketing.
- Ensures smooth and efficient operations around the distribution and supply of products to customers, including customer service and the management of all related resources and assets associated with daily operations.
- Responsible for managing relationships with high profile corporate and individual customers; oversees activities from high profile retail outlets to ensure the company remains on-course towards achieving business targets.
- Ensures customer inquiries (for high profile corporate and high net worth individual customers) are effectively handled through the Customer Service Centre.
- Works through the Company’s leadership and management team to help reduce costs, enhance revenues, and achieve effective utilisation of assets, product quality and throughput goals and objectives.
- Ensures the effective performance and career development, welfare and continued motivation of ‘A’ track employees in marketing and sales
- Takes decisions and acts in the absence of the CEO/MD on matters related to AVERT SBU; performs other duties as assigned.
- Extent to which company marketing, sales, operating plans and budgets are driven by Corporate and Group Strategies
- Execution effectiveness
- Quality and effectiveness of business continuity plans (e.g. systems disaster recovery plans, succession plans)
- Workforce quality
- Budget/Actual performance results (performance against critical business metrics: Net Margins, IRR, TSR, EBITDA, ROCE, ROA, ROI, Turnover, PBT, Customer Satisfaction, Staff Motivation, Quality standards etc)
- Physical state of retail outlets, supply & distribution and other facilities
- Effectiveness and efficiency of the Supply Chain and other critical processes
- No. of targeted high profile customers won/lost
- No. & cost of industrial accidents and environmental hazards that occur
- No. & cost of regulatory fines and penalties due to non-compliance
- Operating efficiency
- Market share growth
- Cost of operations and effectiveness of asset utilization
- First Degree in Economics, Business Administration, Marketing or other relevant field. An MBA is an advantage
- 10 - 15 years of work experience, the last 6 which must have been in a Top Executive Management/GM role within a reputable and structured organisation.
- Exposure to marketing principles, government and external agencies and supply chain management is important
- Solid business strategy development and execution skills.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
Application Closing Date
- Investor Relations
- Retail Market Dynamics
- Marketing, Sales & Supply Chain Management
- Business Strategy Development and Execution
- Finance, Accounts & Investment Management
- Performance Management
- Project Management
- Creativity & Innovation
- General Administration
- Political Savvy
- Team playing
- Oral & Written Communication
- Computer appreciation and utilisation skills.
27th June, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV to: [email protected]
using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.