The International Organization for Migration (IOM) - Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Intern (Project Assistant-Reporting & Communication)
SVN No.: CFCV2019.72
Organizational Unit: Migration Management
IOM Classification: Internship
Type of Appointment: 6 months Internship with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Working under the overall supervision of the Program Manager and the direct supervision of the Project Officers, the candidate will support the by carrying out the below tasks.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Keep abreast of all developments in the Migration Management programmes to prepare appropriate internal and donor reports, briefing and background notes, and other documentation as required;
- Liaise closely with all Units to gather and collate accurate data about migration management related activities;
- Consolidate and analyse data on programme implementation and indicators to facilitate the preparation of periodic reports;
- Work closely with Information Management and other programme staff, where applicable, to ensure accurate and effective data presentation, graphics and maps;
- Assist in organizing regular coordination meetings involving implementing partners, ensure timely distribution of the outcomes and tracking of action points;
- Prepare information as required for missions and visitors on IOM Nigeria’s Migration Management related activities;
- Assist in ensuring visibility of Migration Management Unit’s programmatic interventions;
- Demonstrate excellent writing, editing and oral communication skills;
- Competent in the use of MS office including latest publishing and graphics software;
- Familiarity with EU, UK and US donor requirements;
- Perform any other related task as may be assigned.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
- Students approaching the end of their studies and preparing a thesis, or recently graduated, between 18 and 36 years old, who have less than two years of relevant working experience.
- Students holding a scholarship for internship placements in international organizations and/or for whom internship is required to complete their studies;
- Students sponsored by governmental/non-governmental institutions and/or academia to work on specific areas relevant to both IOM and the sponsor;
- Background in Development Studies, Migration Studies, Economics, International Relations, Business Administration and other related Social Sciences;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office and internet applications.
- Personal commitment, efficiency and results-driven.
- Sound administration and organizational skills with strict attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a highly confidential manner
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a diverse team.
- Flexible and able to adapt quickly to new, different environment.
- Fluent in English, Working knowledge of local language
- The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies - Behavioural Indicators Level 1:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Application Closing Date
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
- Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
18th June, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit their Applications via e-mail to: [email protected]
indicating the position applied for on subject line.
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a Cover Letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to the "Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM)" and with a subject line "CFCV2019.72 Lagos. Intern (Project Assistant - Reporting & Communication)"
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- This position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.