Busy Minds Consult - Our client, a leading Offshore Logistics company with an exponential growth plan, is seeking the services of an experience professional to fill the position below:
Job Title: SHEQ Officer - Shipyard
Qualification and Experience
- Manage Safety functions in line with business policies, procedures and standards.
- Ensure conformance with safety and OHSAS 14001 & 45001-2018 standards and requirements in the Shipyard and Base.
- Identify system problems specific to the Shipyard and base, investigate and recommend solutions.
- Participate in Safety Incident Investigations and Risk assessments
- Conduct internal audits in the yard.
- Facilitate root cause investigations of non-conformances and take necessary corrective and preventative actions.
- Motivate and oversee the implementation of Safety improvement initiatives.
- Coordinate and attend regular Safety meetings in the yard/base.
- Arrange and/or conduct induction training for visitors and new hires in the shipyard/base.
- Prepare and forward weekly reports to the Shipyards SHEQ Supervisor.
- Perform a monthly H&S inspection at the Shipyard and send reports to the Shipyards SHEQ Supervisor.
- Carry out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented
- Liaise with client’s HSE/security/operational staff to carry out regular HSE tests/drills, fire-fighting practice and other drills to keep the workers alert and sensitive to their environment.
- Provide expertise and compliance support for project management.
- Implement PTW when required and assist dept. to fill up the work box preparation
- Monitor daily PTW implementation and revalidation
- Assists in speedy and smooth response and action in case of emergencies.
- Any other responsibility that may be assigned by your line manager.
Application Closing Date
- First Degree in related field with at least 3 years experience in Shipyard environment.
20th June, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected]
using the Job Title as the subject of the e-mail.
The dates of each of your work experience should include the start month and year and stop month and year. E.g. July, 2013 - May, 2018.