Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications Intern
(Country & Base): Nigeria, Abuja
Starting date: June 2019
Contract duration: 6 months
Line Manager: Media and Communications Officer
- The Communications Intern will support the implementation of communications plans to increase the visibility and profile of AAH with partners, the media and the communities.
- S/He will be responsible for the management of the organization’s social media channels and will work directly with the advocacy and communications team and closely with project teams.
- Support Advocacy and Communications Activities
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to the Communications Officer to collect information on programmes, write and disseminate content.
- Daily management of the organization’s social media platforms; Facebook, Twitter
- Update information of programme activities on social media platforms
- Support to design advocacy and communication materials such as advocacy briefs, success stories.
- Collect, maintain and organize communication data and materials on No Hunger Forum.
- Media and Communication Officer: Hierarchical relationship - reporting, exchange of information and collaboration on program, communications and other issues.
- Advocacy Manager: Exchange of information, collaboration, coordination on advocacy agenda.
- Technical Coordinators : exchange of information and collaboration on program issues
- Country Director: Collaboration and exchange of information on relations with media and Government institutions.
- Programme Managers: Collaboration and exchange of information on project activities and events.
- Governmental and non-governmental partners : exchange of information, coordination, training, supervision, influence on choice of technical options
- Cluster and other coordination forums
Skills & Experience
- A university graduate degree.
- Previous experience engaging audience on social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook etc.
- Any related prior internship experience is preferred.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Good photography and videography skills.
- Exceptional organization, time management, and attention to detail;
- Excellent computer literacy including all Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized, rigorous, self-motivated, strong sense of responsibility, ability to work independently;
- Approachable, diplomatic, able to work effectively in diverse, cross-cultural teams in a complex, multi-site work environment;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be a resident of Abuja and within the ages of 20 to 30 years.
- Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive
- Excellent team player
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Commitment to AAH mission, values and policy
- Familiar with Northeast Nigeria context
- Experience in graphic designing
Monthly Stipend: 40,000 Naira
Application Closing Date
14th June, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.