RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition. Clients rely on us to answer questions that demand an objective and multidisciplinary approach—one that integrates expertise across the social and laboratory sciences, engineering, and international development. We believe in the promise of science, and we are inspired every day to deliver on that promise for the good of people, communities, and businesses around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Institutional and Policy Development Specialist (IPDS)
Qualifications and Experience
- Your responsibilities will include supporting the program to strengthen the policy, institutional and regulatory frameworks for improved WASH services (including establishing accountability mechanisms)
- This will include implementing activities to create a favorable environment for urban WASH sector reform. Facilitating the development of a clear institutional and regulatory framework. Delta recently passed the WASH Sector law that is based on creation of the Delta State Urban Water Corporation.
- Your other role will be to support the transformation agenda through supporting the creation of autonomous Delta State Urban Water Corporation based on good corporate governance structures
- This means supporting the DSUWB to adopt a corporate structure (facilitate with the State Government leadership appointment of a Board of Directors), including management
- The Board of Directors should be a professional board that represents a diverse cross-section of stakeholders and possible shareholders (including consumer interests) with clearly defined roles and responsibilities
- You will also be responsible for tracking the institutional strength index of Delta State Urban Water Corporation using a capacity assessment tool modified under the E-WASH (SWACAT). E-WASH planned to scale up urban sanitation services to be hosted in the Delta water utility. As part of your responsibility, you will facilitate the achievement of urban sanitation outcomes in Delta as the need arises.
- At least a Master's Degree in Institutional Development, Corporate Governance, Regulatory Reforms, Engineering, Development Studies or any such related fields.
- A minimum of Master's Degree and 6 years of experience or Bachelor's Degree and 10 years of experience post qualification experience in any of the above areas
- Experience in designing and undertaking institutional restructuring will be an added advantage
- Knowledge and understanding of WASH policy development, regulatory reform and social accountability
Application Closing Date
- We offer a highly competitive remuneration.
18th June, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit by e-mail only an Application letter and a CV as ONE SINGLE WORD document to: [email protected]
The title/subject of your email and application should be position you are applying for.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply
- Take note that any successful candidate will be subjected to a pre-employment background investigation.