RTI International in collaboration with Plan International and other partners are implementing a 4-year USAID funded Effective Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (E-WASH) program. E-WASH will provide technical assistance to and will work in collaboration with state governments to improve urban water service delivery by strengthening the governance, financial, and technical viability of six (6) state water boards (SWBs) in Nigeria. The overall goal is improvement of urban water and sanitation service delivery.
RTI International hereby invites applications from highly resourceful, motivated and experienced professionals to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Utility Operations Specialist (UOS)
Qualifications and Experience
- The main objective of this position is to build capacity of the Delta State Urban Water Board (DSUWB) in general utility operations including financial, commercial, HR, managerial, and operational aspects of the DSUWB to improve their financial and operational viability.
- In this respect the position will support the DSUWB to have adequate capacity for budgeting, financial management including reporting, billing, collection and other revenue generation ventures. This means developing accurate, transparent accounting systems and strengthen transparent financial management.
- Support the DSUWB in budgeting processes for the utility operations, design appropriate tariffs based on the tariff review study and accurate and reliable customer data base.
- Facilitate the development of appropriate organizational structures and other HR related functions for the transformed SWB.
- Facilitating the development and execution of incentives and performance-based contracts including defining performance monitoring and assessment approaches with clearly defined KPIs and implementation of the PIPs
- Support prioritization and use of public private partnerships to improve delivery of water and sanitation services. Identify innovative cost recovery mechanisms and service delivery models. Support prioritization and use of local, own-source revenue to improve delivery of water and sanitation services.
- At least a Master's degree in Finance, Commercialization, Economics, Organizational Development, HR or any of the Accounting qualifications or such related fields.
- A minimum of Master's degree and 6 years of experience or Bachelor's Degree and 10 years of experience post qualification experience in any of the above areas
- Expertise in performance and utility performance improvement and specific expertise in areas including HR management, strategic planning, training and capacity building, financial management, and/or customer satisfaction and engagement
- Experience in designing public/private partnership in any infrastructure sector though in the water and sanitation would be an advantage.
- Experience in designing and undertaking financial management systems, evidence-based budgeting.
- Knowledge and understanding of utility finance electricity or water i.e. cost structure of utility operations, major cost centers,
- Knowledge of the key components of a utility tariff and what to take into account when designing such a one.
We offer a highly competitive renumeration.
Application Closing Date
18th June, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit by e-mail only an Application Letter and a CV as one single MS Word document to: [email protected]
On the subject line of your email you should only put the Email Subject line as indicated in the position above (no other text should be on this subject line) that you are applying.
- Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as they see this advert. Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply. Take note that any successful candidate will be subjected to a pre-employment background investigation.