The International Organization for Migration (IOM) - Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Information Management Officer
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Under the overall supervision of the Head of Sub-Office and direct supervision of the Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Coordinator and the Demobilisation, Disassociation, Reintegration and Reconciliation (DDRR) Programme Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for all Information Management aspects of all IOM emergency response and DDRR programming implementation in Nigeria with main implementation and improvement of the Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM), as well as for developing and setting up the technical requirements for registration and profiling database following IOM Information, Counselling and Referral System in Categorization and Transition Centres for Reinsertion programmes addressed to Low Profile Boko Haram associates in Nigeria, in direct support to the Government management authorities.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Support the implementation of the Displacement Tracking Matrix programme (DTM) components including the Baseline Area/Location Assessment, Site Assessment and Biometric Registration for internally displaced people (IDPs).
- Develop, set up, manage and maintain a registration and categorization database and an Information Counseling and Referral Service (ICRS) database application system as per requirements set by the DDRR programme, as well as monitor the startup of the system, supporting users, and set up contingencies for troubleshoot problems, preparing also a budget and maintenance/management plan for short and long-run and a work plan for development, quality control, rollout, full implementation and management of the application, preventing and minimizing downtime or service interruptions.
- As instructed, establish and supervise design of database system upgrade, web portals and interoperability procedures for exchange of DTM data and dissemination to interested parties.
- Identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support relevant methodological, operational and technological solutions relating to the DTM and DDRR implementation. Review and approve the technical specification of all related technology and service provision to meet the programmes’ needs and standards. Including the organization of Key information collection activities that includes sample surveys and other ad hoc survey and profiling activities.
- Ensure information management tools and operational frameworks for data collection are properly designed and implemented. Review the information products including statistical reports, maps and other products.
- Develop and implement proper backup / restore, data validation and security procedures to ensure data integrity and availability and classification, including physical and software data.
- Supervise the Information Management (IM) and DDRR Data Managers Team staff and implementing partners including preparation of adequate ToRs and contractual arrangements.
- Prepare and organize training for Government and local implementing partners IM system administrators/managers/interviewers staff; conduct technical and information-sharing meetings regarding with Government counterparts on the progress of designing, development and implementation of the applications.
- Secure consistently available computer services, support training and maintenance of all computer systems used for information database systems.
- Ensure the provision of timely, accurate and adequate information to all relevant stakeholders regarding needs, movements and new displacements. Compile and distribute to key stakeholders daily, weekly and monthly update as required.
- Ensure the integration of protection and gender perspectives (vulnerable groups) within the programme activities.
- Support in reporting and analyzing data for donors and stakeholders, assuring data consistency, giving statistic information and mapping of collected data. Support IOM partners such as governmental services in data management and reporting with training and technical support.
- Actively participate in relevant interagency meetings (UN, I/NGOs, other partners), including cluster/sector, working groups and regional meetings and follow up on resulting action points and recommendations; share meetings minutes with IOM Nigeria team and other relevant units/colleagues.
- Actively participate at meetings and events where Information Management (IM) program components are being discussed.
- Ensure the implementation of IOM ITC Standards, policies and guidelines, in particular with regards to the databases and information systems being followed and implemented.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Social Science, Information Management or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or,
- University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
- Knowledge on disaster risk management is required;
- Experience and abilities using two or more of Relational Database Management Systems such as MS Access, MS SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle are a definite advantage;
- Experience and abilities using Geographical Information Systems such as Geodatabases, ArcGIS software, and other operational mapping tools;
- Experience in the development and implementation of population database systems (e.g. migrant registration, censuses, household surveys);
- Experience in management and coordination of humanitarian assessments, Information Management, especially Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM);
- Experience working in international organizations, humanitarian community and familiarity with the humanitarian reform and cluster approach;
- Experience in project management and implementation;
- Experience in training data collectors working in camps and host communities;
- Experience in writing technical requirements documents, translating/planning specifications to technical briefs for data capture/analysis and compiling diverse datasets;
- Experience in the development and implementation of population database a distinct advantage; and,
- Working experience in the Region is an asset.
- IOM’s official languages are English, French and Spanish.
- For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
- Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php).
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
- IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Application Closing Date
- Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
26th June, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 26 June 2019 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
- IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bankaccounts.