Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI) is an Italian humanitarian non-governmental organization founded in Milan in 1965. COOPI aims to help the world’s poorest to improve their access to healthcare, food, and financial security, and to overcome their special vulnerability to wars, civil conflicts and natural disasters. For 50 years of long-term support and constant presence in the field, COOPI has been engaged in breaking the cycle of poverty and responding to specific emergencies in numerous sectors, including Food Security, Humanitarian Aid, Health, Socio-Economical Services, Water and Sanitation, Human Rights, Education and Training, Migrations and Sustainable Energy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (Building Resilience in Complex Crisis (BRICC))
- The M&E Officer will provide support to multi-sectorial intervention towards IDPs in NE Nigeria (BRICC-Building Resilience in Complex Conflict) in the design, planning, monitoring and evaluation of the program by managing data and facilitating program implementation at state level, under the guidance and direct supervision of the Project Manager.
- The M&E Officer will be responsible for data gathering, analysis and reporting activities. S/he will assist in tracking progress of key indicators and provide timely reports to the Project Manager and Programme Manager.
Under the direct supervision of the Program Manager, and in collaboration with the Project Managers, Field Coordinators, and other collaborators of the projects and of the Base, he/she will:
- Collect qualitative and quantitative information and program data through surveys, assessments, post distribution monitoring, and regular market monitoring
- Quantify methods and identify data sources for program performance and impact indicators, in conjunction with respective program component teams.
- Conducting project baseline, end line and progress surveys, ensuring appropriate sample size and sampling survey methods, data collection procedures, and data verification through periodic site visits
- Facilitate training of staff, Community Mobilisers and partners in the M&E data collection tools and participate in the sensitization of beneficiaries in collaboration with program teams.
- Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, he/she provide overall technical oversight to the EC/EU funded integrated project and support project consortium partners for technical design and quality of Social Protection activities
- Support Social Protection Advisor and Project Manager to design and conduct Youth Labour Market assessments to ensure the programme specifically considers the differing needs of all sections of the community,
- Provide assistance to the Social Protection Advisor to conduct Value chain assessments and exploring specific constraints in otherwise viable market systems that can improve access to and participation in select agricultural and livestock value chains for marginalized populations, and improve the delivery and access of critical goods and services.
- Conduct Mapping and linkages between safety net service stakeholders and support Technical Advisor Social Protection to conduct an initial mapping of the existence, criteria and quality of safety net services in each of the LGAs
- Support in collating and analyzing monitoring data, as well as report on findings from monitoring activities
- Ensure proper monitoring of the program, focusing on overall M&E framework of the projects
- Present and analyse data based on information needs of project team and partners and support in data base management.
- Analyzing of data, report development and submission of M&E reports
- Provide support to improve monitoring and reporting mechanism through revised monitoring and reporting framework, through collaboration with the program team.
- Review of reporting made against indicators
- Drafting and sharing lessons learnt from the different project intervention for programme development and quality control
- Work with program teams to ensure COOPI information on program activities is shared within LGAs and provide for beneficiary feedback in line with relevant guidelines and frameworks
- Collaborate with government and humanitarian partners to ensure the smooth sharing of information in consultation with the Project Manager/Field Coordinator/Program Manager
- Support the program team in facilitating the process of setting up Complaint Response Mechanism at Ward/ LGA level and handling complaint/ feedback.
- Provide support to the programs at LGA level and within the communities
- Directly supervise data entry and data cleaning activities by the data entry clerks
- Analyse and provide information regarding general context at the LGA level and explore opportunities in support of partnership, building initiatives with LGA level government and other humanitarian actors.
- Assist program teams in the selection of beneficiaries as per the established procedure from the project proposal.
- Assist the program team in the selection of Community Mobilizers to facilitate the process of beneficiaries’ selection.
- Assist the Programme Manager to provide training on monitoring and evaluation that include sampling, data collection, data cleaning, analysis and reporting guidelines to all program staff. Coach data entry clerks and project officers on data cleaning
Skills & Experience
- Degree/Diploma in Economics, Rural Development, Development Studies, Statistics, Demography or related subject, with previous experience working in developmental projects
- Be professional, motivated, flexible and culturally sensitive
- 2-3 years M&E related work experience with an INGO
- Experience in data collection, collation, analysis, and report writing
- Have previous experience in indicator tracking matrix, RedRose, 5Ws, MIS, PSS of cash-based interventions (i.e. cash for work, cash transfers or cash vouchers).
- Have excellent communication, writing and analytical skills.
- Have proven ability to create program support systems for large amounts of data within a complex program.
- Have knowledge and experience in using database specific software.
- Have experience in designing and leading capacity building and training for national teams.
- Be excellent in communication skills and proficient in report writing
- Have IT Troubleshooting capabilities.
- Be resident and familiar with the terrain in the Northeast Nigeria.
- Experience designing and leading capacity building and training for national teams.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office programming (Access, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, and Word).
- Proven ability to create management information systems for large amounts of data within a complex program.
- Knowledge and experience in using database specific software.
- Excellent communication, writing and analytical skills.
- Experience designing and leading capacity building and training for national teams
Application Closing Date
- Knowledge of the local language (Hausa and Kanuri).
- Proficient in statistical and other software (Microsoft Office package, SPSS, GIS and ENA for SMART.
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Previous experience with similar position
20th June, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online