The Rivers State University Port Harcourt was established in October, 1980 from the Rivers State College of Science and Technology which was itself established in 1972. It is located at Nkpolu-Oroworukwo in Port Harcourt, the capital of Rivers State, Nigeria.
Applications are invited for the position below:
Job Title: Lecturer I
Port Harcourt, Rivers
The programmes for which this position is required are in the following Faculties:
- Social Sciences
- Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Medical Biochemistry
- Preventive & Social Medicine
Conditions of Service
- Ph.D degree plus at least 3 years relevant teaching, research and/or industrial experience or Master's degree or its professional equivalent plus at least 6 years relevant teaching, research and industrial experience
- Contribution to institutional growth and development. Candidates are expected to have research experience evidence by publication of reports, research papers, books, patents etc and presentation of papers in conference, seminars and symposium.
- MBBS Degree or its equivalent plust 3 years relevant teaching and research experience. MBBS degree or its equivalent with Fellowship of the West African College of Surgeons/Physicians (FWACS/ FWACP) or National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria (NPMCN) or their equivalents.
Successful candidates will be required to assume duty as soon as possible and will be on probation for the first two (2) years. Other conditions are similar to those obtaining in other institutions of higher learning in Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
28th June, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward 10 copies of their Application with detailed Curricula Vitae (CV) plus one photocopy each of their certificates with other relevant documents to the address below. Their Curricula Vitae should indicate:
- Full Name
- Date and Place of Birth
- Permanent Address
- Current Post Address
- Cell (Phone) Number and e-mail address
- Marital Status
- Number/Ages of Children
- Educational Institutions Attended
- Employment Records
- Academic/Professional Qualifications
All submissions should be addressed and sent to:
Rivers State University,
P.M.B 5080, Nkpolu-Oroworukwo,
Port Harcourt - Rivers State.
The sealed envelope containing the application should indicate at the top left hand corner the position sought. All candidates should nominate three (3) referees who would also be required to forward references on their behalf under confidential cover to the same address. Such references should equally be received not later than the closing date above.
All applicants should cite this publication in their applications.