Smart Partners Consulting Limited - Our client, a leader in premium luxury clothing brand with Outlets across major cities in Nigeria needs a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pattern Maker
- We are looking for candidate who wills Provides exceptional service and assists in supporting the company mission in the delivery of exceptional services to its highly esteemed customers.
- Compute dimensions of patterns according to sizes, considering stretching of material.
- Create a master pattern for each size within a range of garment sizes, using charts, drafting instruments, computers, and/or grading devices.
- Create a paper pattern from which to mass-produce a design concept.
- Determine the best layout of pattern pieces to minimize waste of material, and mark fabric accordingly.
- Discuss design specifications with designers, and convert their original models of garments into patterns of separate parts that can be laid out on a length of fabric.
- Draw details on outlined parts to indicate where parts are to be joined, as well as the positions of pleats, pockets, buttonholes, and other features, using computers or drafting instruments.
- Draw outlines of pattern parts by adapting or copying existing patterns, or by drafting new patterns.
- Examine sketches, sample articles, and design specifications to determine quantities, shapes, and sizes of pattern parts, and to determine the amount of material or fabric required to make a product.
- Mark samples and finished patterns with information such as garment size, section, style, identification, and sewing instructions.
- Position and cut out master or sample patterns, using scissors and knives, or print out copies of patterns, using computers.
- Trace outlines of paper onto cardboard patterns, and cut patterns into parts to make templates.
Application Closing Date
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Minimum of 3years Proven experience in a Fashion Retail industry
- Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Active Listener
- Visualization Skills
- Communication Skills
- Must be able arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
18th June, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send detailed CV in MS word version to: [email protected]
using the "Job Title" as subject of the email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.